Abdominal pain?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Abdominal pain?

Postby Dog Lady » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:07 pm

Hi

I'm still waiting for my rheum appointment so still a little blind here but this is what happened at the weekend.

Ate roast chicken at 4pm as I was going to the pictures at 6. Came out of cinema and felt a bit iffy with griping stomach pain. Felt really bloated and like I needed to really blow. Anyway went to bed and woke up at 12.30 vomited 4 times and that was it.

Felt absolutely drained, ached and I mean really ached all over. Not had anymore sickness but the griping pain is horrendous. I'm managing to keep food down but I've no appetite. The pains are worse if I bend over for anything.

Is this how abdominal pain feels with FM?
Dog Lady
UKFM Member

Re: Abdominal pain?

Postby carolad » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:09 pm

Sounds more like a stomach bug. Hope you feel better soon x
carolad
UKFM Member

Postby keaedmondson » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:16 am

No offence but was the chicken maybe dodgy in some way?

I find more foods affect me now I have fm than before. Whether it was a stomach bug or food poisoning it might be that you will take longer to get over it anyway because of FM. It will mess more with your body in my experience.
keaedmondson
UKFM Member

Postby Dog Lady » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:34 am

Both hubby and son ate the same thing and only I have pain so I'm assuming chicken was ok (wasn't out of date and was falling off the bone cooked).

I'm not one to fall ill easily, been 4 years since I had a cold but I suffer with really bad rhinitis all year. It's the pain that's wearing me down - I didn't move all day yesterday and I've taken off work til weds.
Dog Lady
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:10 pm

Sounds like a tummy bug x Hope you feel better soon x
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems