Constant headache for 3 months now.....

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Constant headache for 3 months now.....

Postby Purpledot » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:18 am

Hi everyone

I was just wondering if headaches are a recognised symptom of Fibro?

I have had a constant headache for 3 months now, and it's really starting to get me down.

It is always there to some degree, sometimes as face/jaw/ear/eye pain, and every few days it develops into a full-blown pulsating headache that lasts for 2-3 days at a time. This spreads over my whole head, and at times includes my neck and down to between my shoulder-blades.

If I cough, laugh, bend down or move too quickly the pain is excruciating just for a few seconds.

I feel sick most of the time, too, and this seems to get worse along with the headache.

Unfortunately, I am extremely intolerant of all pain relievers, so, basically have to put up with it.

Should I be concerned and seeing my GP, or is this just another Fibro thing?
Purpledot
UKFM Member

Re: Constant headache for 3 months now.....

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:22 pm

Whilst headaches can be associated with FM, they can also be related to other problems as well, so having it checked out would be the wise thing to do, esp with you having it constantly for 3 months.

I have a constant headache, at best it bubbles away at a level just under what I experience with migraines, at times tho it does become a full~blown migraine. I can't recall a day without it as it has been with me for so long now, along with everything else, almost 15 years now.

Do go and get it checked out, it could be something that can be eased relatively easily for you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Purpledot » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:17 pm

Thanks Fluppy!

I am trying to put off going to see my 'oh so friendly, understanding, patient, caring and approachable' GP as long as possible!!!

I am awaiting an appointment in London for my balance issues so am hoping this will come soon and I can mention it to them instead (they are much nicer and approachable!).
Purpledot
UKFM Member

Postby Purpledot » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:29 pm

.....and, lo and behold, I've just received an appointment for 4 Feb, so will mention it then.
Purpledot
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:19 pm

Definitely mention it, I have balance problems as well {have been with me since day one too} and was tested, scanned and prodded to see if the two were related. In my case, it was determined that it all stems from migraines.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby debs67 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:31 pm

Im having headaches lately too. Went to gp and had blood pressure done and it was raised. Go back in 2 weeks if still raised blood pressure tablets . Another tablet to add to the collection. :roll:
debs67
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems