menopause

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

menopause

Postby debs67 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:56 pm

Just found out ive started the menopause, anybody else on here that are going through it and what can I expect :yikes:
debs67
UKFM Member

Re: menopause

Postby Diane64 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:45 am

Hey there,

Me 2, everybody is different though, I tried HRT but symptoms didn't improve, the biggest issue for me was night sweats which ive found a medication that works but isn't even for the menopause, the best thing for me is now don't have a period and no hormonal rages!! lol..x
Diane64
UKFM Member

Postby Charmed » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:23 pm

It's like a huge secret eh, no one talks about it... why I don't know :?:

I started mine when I was 48, periods lessened until I was 50. (one every 3 mths, 6mths, 3mths again, 8mths then a year) Didn't get very many of the dreaded hot flushes, loads of night sweats though :oops: :oops: :oops:

My hormones seemed all over the place, so the doctor put me on Citalipram. Cried if anyone looked at me the wrong way, felt like a complete idiot! At the age of 51 I was told I was through it... hooray!

Although at 51 I had Fibro... 55 next week and the middle age spread has turned me into a not so lovely apple shape.

Good luck huni and watch the [chocolate]
Charmed
UKFM Member

Postby debs67 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:05 pm

Thanks for the replies , ive got to see doctor next week to discuss what treatment im going to start on. Hrt was mentioned. I dont have any periods cos i had a marina coil fitted 3 years ago. At the moment i get hot flushes and night sweats . The joys of being a woman lol :crazy:
debs67
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems