Restless Legs Syndrome?? What meds??

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Restless Legs Syndrome?? What meds??

Postby TNK* » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:19 pm

I have had RLS for as long as i can remember, i always thought it was something normal that everyone got, i definitely had it in my teens, which i believe is when my sleep problems started (makes sense to me)
anyway, i have found that if i take my co codamol by about 7pm then the RLS is very much limited, if i need to take it earlier than this the effect of the codiene is lessened and i am waving my arms and legs about in bed like some demented air traffic controller, its always used to affect my legs but for the last year or so it started with my arms and generally all over.

So im thinking i need a little more help controlling this now, my GP said that RLS is something they can help control with meds but im just a bit :roll: at the thought of taking more pills. Ive just this week been put on Lansoprazole for reflux probably brought on my the meds im on, I am also taking 30mg of Ami, im on co codamol and arcoxia, as well as 5mg zolpaderm.

Just wondering if anyone else is taking meds for RLS nd do they go well with other meds they are taking and is there and lovely side effects i can look forward to!
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes When You're Fast Asleep ºOº

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Re: Restless Legs Syndrome?? What meds??

Postby dotty lotty » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:53 am

I'm on roprinirole 1mg and it really helped to begin with but when symptoms returned increased to 1.5mg which gave me horrendous heartburn (your lanzoprazole should help with that). I am now taking ranitidine to control the heartburn and thinking must try increasing the roprinirole again.

Loved your expression " waving my arms and legs about in bed like some demented air traffic controller,"
Know what you mean about taking yet more tablets. :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby lala1980 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:34 pm

Hello im also on ropinirole 1mg help so much.. my legs were bad and because of the jurking id get so much pain in my legs like you have suffered since i was a child but ive been on it for over a year now when im over tired which happens alout lol i take it as earlier around 4pm i think im luck that i havent need to up my dose but i do have days where its bad and ive had to have 2 1mg in a day 6 hours apart saying all that there is day that nothing helps and my whole body jurks not nice xx
If you smile then the world is a better place :-)
lala1980
UKFM Member

Postby TNK* » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:10 pm

I went to see my gP to say i couldnt cope with the RLS anymore, ive had some blood tests, as apparently low or even borderline low iron levels can cause RLS but if all seems good there, which it usually is, then i need to go back to see him and consider medication options!
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes When You're Fast Asleep ºOº

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Postby ixel-chick » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:30 am

I got restless legs too, but luckily not every night. When I do get them (generally not being tired enough, or over-tired going to bed, and not being able to fall asleep quickly), I get up and take one paracetamol and one ibuprofen. Somehow it does the trick! Got no idea why or how, but it works for me.

I googled Ropinirole though, simple beacuse I had never heard of it, not looking into taking any other medication for my restless legs... and found the best side effects:
Hyper-sexuality, punding and compulsive gambling! :lol: Generally most medications mentions "loss of libido", it tickled me to see one that's the opposite.
☐ Fibro Mode / ☑ Normal Mode
ixel-chick
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems