Burning Mouth

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Burning Mouth

Postby Lardy64 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:52 am

Hi I am newly diagnosed with Fibromyalgia after many years of symptoms and seeing doctors. I also get ringing in the ears and awful burning mouth where it my mouth feels tingling like its scolded all the time. Does any of you get the same symptoms or is this not part of my Fibromyalgia but something else. If this is a symptom does anyone recomend what I can take to easy it Tracy.
Lardy64
UKFM Newbie

Re: Burning Mouth

Postby Theresa34 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:26 am

I don't get either of those x Maybe worth seeing your gp?
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby eileen4891 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:53 pm

Hi i get a burning mouth . but thats when I take any anti biotics . it gets really bad have a job to eat or drink . hope you get it sorted x
eileen4891
UKFM Member

Postby lynlyn1212 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:15 pm

I get burning mouth when I eat pineapple but otherwise not.
lynlyn1212
UKFM Member

Postby Gracious » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:31 pm

Lardy64, Burning mouth is within the list of fibro symptoms, as well as to other conditions. I would recommend you look at any new medication you may have recently started if this is a newish symptom. Avoid Spicy foods and sour foods may cause burning or a slight swelling of the tongue. The main culprits are chillies as well as citrus fruits. Less obvious irritants include tomato, eggplant, walnuts, strong cheeses and certain strongly-flavored sweets and chocolate. Mouth washes and tooth whiteners, particularly those with strong flavour or intense whitening agents, are also suspects. Vitmin B12 is a link so you could get you bloods checked or up your vitamin update. It could also be an allergic reaction to something too. Other recommendations would to drink lots of water, not ice cold or hot just room temperature. If you have dry mouth too, this can also exacerbate it so again look for things to ease that.

For myself I use UltraDEX dental and mouth hygiene products, very good for dry mouth and not too minty so less burning and stinging. I also avoid spicy food. Food thats just come out of the oven or pot, I let things cool before eating, I also avoid highly salted or pepperd food, and rough/crispy foods (crisps especially) anything that would require a lot of chewing, as this for me makes things worse.

My burning mouth is a intermitten symptom for me and when it comes I watch my dental and mouth hygiene and just eat differently, more milk, lots of water, natural food (no processed) and no fruit, instead coconut/plain yogurt/greek yogurt. No tomato based sauces as these do irritate and sting, in my case. Its different for everyone.

Its really a process of elimination and seeing what works for you. I am sure others within this forum will have some suggestions relating to this.

Hope this is of some help.

With loving kindness
Gracious
Gracious
UKFM Member

Postby debs67 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:05 pm

I get constant ringing in my ears and also have a wet ear. My mouth doesnt burn as such but i do get a tingly tounge.
debs67
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems