Chest pain!!

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Chest pain!!

Postby Emilybossy » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:38 pm

I have not been diagnosed with fibro but am 100% sure I have it, my symptom list is on the intro board if anyone wants to snoop. But I was just wondering if anyone else gets chest pain, not just a bit of pain. It feels like a heart attack(I presume) Sharp, stabbing pains right above my heart, find it very hard to breath or move whilst experiencing the pains, Can last from 10 minutes to all night. Stress doesn't seem to make much difference, it's usually when I'm relaxed. I have been to the doctors and they gave me some tests and they came back all clear so they mentioned chostochondritis. Anyone with fibro experience this awful pain too? Emily xx
Emilybossy
UKFM Member

Re: Chest pain!!

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:09 pm

There is a condition called Costochondritis Emily, which affects the chest area. It's an inflammation of the cartilage in and around the sternum area that can cause sensations and problems like you have described. It might be worth adding this to your list of stuff to ask your GP about to see if it is a possibility.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Re: Chest pain!!

Postby Emilybossy » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:16 pm

Yeah she said that chosto is probably what it is, I was just wondering if chosto could also be part of fibro
Emilybossy
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems