Worst pain Ever IBS!

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Worst pain Ever IBS!

Postby TNK* » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:52 pm

Ok I know i have IBS but usually its mild cramping at the special time of the month, but OMG the last 2 days have been dreadful, its been like labour pains all over again, and trust me, I gave birth to a 9lb 5oz boy with absolutely no pain relief!! But IBS is a killer...its just starting to ease off now but i feel like ove done about 5000 sit ups in 20 minutes x
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes When You're Fast Asleep ºOº

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Re: Worst pain Ever IBS!

Postby whoami » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:33 am

TNK, oh how I feel your pain. It is dreadful. I have IBS and diverticulitis and there has been times I have dropped to the floor with pain. Not much helps but wait until things literally passes. I find that a hot bath helps as long as I stay on the hot water.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby TNK* » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:37 am

I was in bed most of yesterday lying on my leccy blanket....things have passes quite a lot today but I'm now left with a deflated balloon feeling....I've been in work today and last night and I swear I had a waddle about me like I was pregnant

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:30 pm

I have ibs too. A was complaining to a friend of mine who also has ibs and she told me to lie on my stomach (in bed). One night I was rolling around in pain in bed when I remembered what she had said. I didn't think it could make a difference but I thought I would try her suggestion anyway. I lay on my stomach and got so much relief I could put believe it :shock: The pain was almost instantly gone. I stayed in that position for as long as possible. I don't know if it will work for others but it worked for us x
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby TNK* » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:57 pm

I sleep on my stomach anyway and still got the pain what did work was switching on the electric blanket and allowing the heat to try and work its magic....things are calming down now and i have managed to "go" a few times now, but im left with the aftermath of the pain which feels like iver over done it at the gym

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:33 pm

Hope things have settled down for you TNK
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby TNK* » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:36 am

Only just about this evening, ive got some residual pain but nothing as bad as the other day!

thankyou x

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:47 pm

I feel this way when I have an IBS attack, going to the loo is the only relief until it passes and it's agony, I can't even sit or stand still because I feel so uncomfortable doing that. Tbh though I manage me IBS largely by diet, avoiding the foods that set me off (apart from chinese food, I refuse to give that up!).

Hope you are feeling a bit better now.
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby dazzleship » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:12 pm

:hugs: for you TNK. hope you feel better soon.
dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Postby TNK* » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:04 pm

feeling more normal today, still got a few aches but nothing compared to how it was, i only get IBS when im going through lady things, which is a total PITA as if having monthlys isnt bad enough but just for a bit of fun i get IBS thrown in to make sure im suffering enough. Luckily its not every month i get it this bad, im hoping that when i hit menopause most of the IBS will stop.

Its dreadful isnt it that i am looking forward to menopause so i can get some relief from IBS

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:14 pm

Sounds logical to me! I don't get periods so my IBS is always caused by stress - which I suffer from a lot these days :roll:
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby dazzleship » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:29 pm

glad you are feeling a little better TNK. it's perfectly possible that hormones will have an effect on things, hence why it is affected by periods. I often find I have a flare up around that time.
dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Postby TNK* » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:32 pm

I never thought about it being hormones, ive just believed its all the extra cramping around that area

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Postby dazzleship » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:42 pm

well it could be that too :-) I'm just guessing :mrgreen:

interestingly I've discovered that the reason my EDS gets worse around that time is that the hormones caused by the periods can loosen collagen, which makes everything looser and floppier around that time. strange how things can be affected that you wouldn't think are affected.
dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:48 pm

I think with IBS almost anything can be a trigger, and it depends on the person as to what that is. Drinks, food, temperature, stress, other illness...loads of things can set it off, so hormones wouldn't be at all surprising.

I stopped getting periods at a similar time to my IBS starting (too long ago to remember exactly), but when I did get them I remember they used to make my stomach worse (pre IBS) so it makes sense that it could be hormones or the cramps. Or both! Lucky women eh... :mrgreen:
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems