Eyesight

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Eyesight

Postby Patsb » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:23 pm

I have had bad eyesight since I was a child.but since being diagnosed with fibromyalgia I have had various symptoms ie dry itchy eyes ..sharp stabbing pains if I wake in the night for toilet I literally have to grope my way to loo with eyes shut its that painful. Also sticky blurred eyes during day.but the reason I'm posting is a few mornings ago I woke and just glanced up at bedroom ceiling..what looked like a large brown hairy spider moved across ceiling then spun in circles before disappearing.i knew as I watched it wasn't real but it really freaked me out.anyone else had any similar episodes.? Or am I going mad! :shock:
Patsb
UKFM Member

Re: Eyesight

Postby ixel-chick » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:52 pm

The phantom spiders. :-D Oh yes - I know those well.

Last summer I ended up with massive eye floaters. (also when doc checked eyes I also experienced slight blurred vision... never noticed it before, but when trying to follow a finger up close it was noticable)

I did my research, and wanted to try anti-depressants to help with the fatigue. To do so I needed to know I didn't have glaucoma, so went to the optician. Nothing wrong with my eyes - apart from that they're making me completely paranoid whilst inside as I keep thinking I see spiders moving about! And outside it looks like a whole horde of insects, planes or ufos are heading for me. :lol:

(I also tried eye patches to rest the worst eye, but this put so much strain on the eye not covered up my vision got so foggy anything I focused the eye on completely disappeared from my view)

The Sertraline took the eye floaters away! The optician did suspect that since my body was so fatigued, chances were my eyes were just as fatigued too.

However, when stopping the Sertraline (due to side effect of making me depressed), the eye floaters came back.

Currently on Milnacipran, and although body is no longer fatigued, the eyes have not improved (I am hoping it will with time). But I'll take the eye floaters instead of having to crawl up the stairs. :-D
☐ Fibro Mode / ☑ Normal Mode
ixel-chick
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:03 pm

I havent got any issues like that. I'm near sighted, that's all. I would definately see an optician. If there's nothing wrong with your eyes he might suggest eye drops for comfort reasons.
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:18 pm

I saw an optician in the early days as I was consistently getting very blurred vision (while driving!), headaches and a rash over my eyelids. They found nothing wrong.

I have noticed since FM that I have a lot more floaters than I used to, I always had some but now sometimes they almost cover all my vision. I can even see them now while typing and I can focus on them which you normally can't do.

Still, there's nothing wrong with my eyes - apparently!
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby Patsb » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:41 pm

Ty for replies.ive seen numerous opticians over the yrs as apparently I have very unusual eyes.my pupils are rugby ball shaped as opposed too round and my prescription is so high I get free glasses ( even the designer frames! ) I've had floaters all my life am used to them now. I tried eye drops for the dry sore blurred symptoms but to no affect.i was just freaked out by the lifelike large spider thingy scuttling across my ceiling lol.glad it's not just me its happened too.i thought I was going blind and panicked . :-?
Patsb
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems