[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - The worst symptom......the bugs!!!!!

The worst symptom......the bugs!!!!!

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

The worst symptom......the bugs!!!!!

Postby Queenie_70 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:46 am

I know this sounds crazy, and I am taking pills for that, but I see bugs everywhere. Crawling down the walls, scuttling across the carpet, but when I turn to look at them, of course, there is nothing there. :?:

I take Dulox 60mg, Gabby 1800mg, Ami 20mg, Paracetamol 4000mg, and 300mg of Magnesium (supposed to be good for nerves and muscles), and a partridge in a pear tree. Anyway, I have checked out all the meds, and they don't seem to be the problem, so I wonder if it is the combination that could be causing this. I have been "seeing" things for an age now. Just throwing it out there to see if others have, or whether I am just a crazy cat lady??? (No, offense to @crazycatlady). :yikes:
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Re: The worst symptom......the bugs!!!!!

Postby dotty lotty » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:07 pm

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: Sorry no answer to help you but that must be awful. Maybe talk to your pharmacist re the tablet combination.
Hope you get it sorted soon. :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby suco » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:16 pm

Go back to the GP and tell them. That is not normal. I've just been given Amitriptyline and my GP said I'm on TO MANY PILLS!!! She seems to forget that she's the one who's prescribing them for me !!!! Good luck x
suco
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:57 pm

Someone on here, I'm sorry I forget who, had exactly the same thing the other day. I can't for the life of me remember who, but there was a thread on it and quite a few of us were seeing things.
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby Diane64 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:53 pm

Hi, I get this now and again, think im seeing spiders running along the carpet, its like they catch the corner of my eye but nothing is there!! ive seen mice aswell!! lol..its been going on for years, pre fibro and prior to medication.

Remember someone told me ages ago that its stress related, not sure if that is the case just remember it started when I was stressed to the max and thought I was going off my head, but it still happens even when I think im calm??
Diane64
UKFM Member

Postby dazzleship » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:17 pm

sounds awful Queenie.. that would freak me out big time :-?

but it must be down to medication surely.. I doubt if it's an FM thing, and things of that nature I'm sure are usual medication related so I would definitely ask your GP about it.
dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:41 pm

Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby whoami » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:23 pm

I would suggest you talk to your Dr or at the least the pharmacy. Many drugs list hallucinations as a side effect.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby Queenie_70 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:07 pm

Hi guys, and thank you for all the posts...as you might be able to tell from my last few posts and responses to others, I am in a sarcastic mood, but the thanks to you all is genuine:)

Zia, I think that the tired and dry eyes might just be the ticket. I am always tired...I wake up tired, I go to sleep tired, I cannot lie still for more than 15 seconds, my partner has timed me. I do not get REM sleep, so I do not get rest. People with RLS, which includes me, will understand when I tell them that my whole body is restless all night.

Zia, I have tried saline drops from my optician, as the ones OTC had something in them that made me blind for 24 hours, and I found the drops did nothing no matter how often I used them. Frustrating I know, but it is like my eyes are gritty, so it is possible that what I am seeing is this "grit" or bacterium on the eye. Either way I have to say it is freaky as all get out!!!!

(((hugs))))

xxx
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Postby Lemonie303 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:39 pm

Hi. I realise this post is quite old but I've just plucked up the courage to log in. I think the 'bugs' you see are floaters which are bits of debris on the surface of your eye. I've had these since I was a child. Moving your eyes moves them or what they're floating in which is why when you look there's nothing there.
Lemonie303
UKFM Newbie

Postby Queenie_70 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:46 pm

Hi Lemonie,

I thought it was floaters, but I actually feel them on my skin at times. I do have a lot of floaters according to the optimologist, and I have got used to those over the years. I do appreciate your response though. It was my first thought when it started to get really bad. Gentle hugs xxx
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Postby Patsb » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:11 pm

I posted ages ago about seeing what I can only describe as a large brown spinning disc on the ceiling when I wake up in the mornings.it really freaks me out and lasts for moments.my eyes are extremely sore and dry in the morning and when I get up in the night every 2/3 hrs for toilet my eyes hurt so much I feel my way to bathroom rather than open them.i have had floaters for yrs but the spinning disc has only appeared since the fibro was diagnosed :evil:
Patsb
UKFM Member

Postby exhausted » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:11 am

It sounds as if you have floaters behind your eyes. I have floaters which I Usually don't see but if I turn suddenly I see bugs in my peripheral vision. they are actually floaters. Have you had your eyes tested?
exhausted
UKFM Newbie

Postby Gaynor Mullins » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:21 pm

Hi there I am new to the forum and only had my fibromyalgia diagnosis 2 weeks ago. I have not started on any meds specifically for fibromyalgia but have taken a variety of painkillers over the last 40yrs. I have recently been "seeing" something moving in the corner of my eye and have to look again convinced there are creepy crawlies about. I also have felt crawling on my scalp especially at night. So after reading other people's posts I am more inclined to think it must be down to the fibromyalgia.
Gaynor Mullins
UKFM Newbie

Postby alison_j » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:44 am

alison_j
UKFM Newbie

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems