Help

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Help

Postby laney » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:02 pm

Hi, I have FM and I was wondering if any of you have the following issues. I was doing ok until I got up on Saturday morning. Then I am having a bit more pain than usual but I also feel extremely low. I feel sick, dizzy and keep getting hot flushes which make me prickle and itch. I feel like I am drunk and my stomach feels pretty unsettled. I have also no appetite.I take 10mg citalopram in the morning and 20mg of amitriptilenepm. I don't know why this has happened. Does this happen to anyone else. I feel like I want to cry all the time and feel nervous and extremely lethargic. I hate this illness it is so cruel. Can anyone let me know if this happens to them and what they do....
laney
UKFM Newbie

Re: Help

Postby ixel-chick » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:41 pm

Have you recently started on any of your two medications?

With the dizzyness and drunk feeling being something new that's happened I find that a little worrying. Hopefully someone can put your mind to rest, but as this is a new nexperience I think that your best option would be the doc.
☐ Fibro Mode / ☑ Normal Mode
ixel-chick
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:59 pm

I've moved you into here laney with you asking about a number of other symptoms/health~related matters. It's a more suitable board so you won't get lost in amongst where you had originally posted.

The problems that you have been experiencing could be due to quite a number of possible causes/reasons, some of which may, or may not be FM~related. They are the kind of things that people experience if they have a bug or virus or many other types of pawlynesses, most of which tend to pass after a day or few. A number of people that I know have described how you are feeling at the moment when they have had a recent bout of lurgyness that is doing the rounds.

If things don't start to settle for you soon, it might be worth talking to someone, if only for your own peace of mind. A pharmacist may be able to give you some suggestions about ways to help make you feel a little more comfortable. And of course there is always your GP who could be able to help, esp with this coming on as quickly as you have described.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby laney » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:27 pm

Hiya and thank you for the quick responses. I think I am Going to go and see my GP. Can't hurt can it. I have been on both my meds for years now so can't see it being them. Is it not a flare up as my pain increased also. I went to bed Friday night feeling fine. I got up Saturday morning with pain and the above symptoms.
Can you tell me please how I post a new topic as I'm not sure how to do it. Thanks
laney
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:17 pm

It could be a flare laney, as we each experience our own versions when they happen. It could also be due to something else tho as what you have described symptom~wise occurs with a lot of illnesses/conditions. Going to see your GP won't hurt at all.

When you made your opening post on the other board this started off a new topic. It's the same process on each board. From the forum front page clicky and enter the board that seems the most suitable for what you are wanting to post about. Once you're into the board you will see a list of all the topics that have been made there. Just above the top of the list, on the left hand side, there is a white button which says "NEWTOPIC*" on it, clicky on the button and it will take you to the screen where you can give your topic its title and make your post. When you're happy with it, clicky on the submit button at the bottom of the text/message box and hopefully with some :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: fairy_dust fairy_dust fairy_dust fairy_dust fairy_dust your new topic will appear on the forum for others to read.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:00 pm

I agree a trip to see the GP cant hurt :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: you feel better soon :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems