rib pain

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

rib pain

Postby bridesmum » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:33 am

I have had fibromyalgia for about 13 years now along with arthritis in my knees and hips and various other places. My fibro seems to have worsened every year along with my arthritis. At the moment I feel like I am wading through treacle and the effort is exhausting. I have had rib pain from the start but it now seems to be happening more often. I don't think it's costocondritis (spelling?) As the pain is on the side of my ribcage, both sides at once. It makes it difficult to cough or laugh and can last for hours or sometimes a couple of days. Does this sound familiar to anyone?
Thanks in advance, Deb.
bridesmum
UKFM Member

Re: rib pain

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:41 pm

It sounds all too familiar unfortunately Deb :roll: :roll: :roll: I've lost count of the number of times I've experienced something similar to what you have described. Altho I don't have costchondritis officially, when I've spoken to my GP about them, they have been described as costochondritis~like pains/symptoms by him.

The only way you can get a definite explanation/dx is to go and see your GP and see what they have to say/suggest. It could be costo, or something FM~related, or something else completely different.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Re: rib pain

Postby Lucylastik » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:05 am

I had that awful rib pain about 3 or 4 months back and I actually thought it was my bra because the pain was so severe I thought at first I was bruised, though obviously there was nothing there to see. I've still got a tender point on my left side but nothing as bad as it was back then.

One thing that helped though, was switching to a sports type bra. They are very stretchy and mine just goes over your head like a top. They are not as supportive as a wired bra but you don't have the pain or the restriction that a normal bra gives you either. I swear by them.

We don't have many department stores where I live so I bought mine from Sainsburys. I hope that helps.
“You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
What mood is that?
Last-minute panic.”

― Calvin & Hobbes.
Lucylastik
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems