Static pain

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Static pain

Postby Dog Lady » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:39 pm

I have pain in a number of places some of which comes and goes but I was just wondering how many of you have pain that is permanent?

If so where is it and is it around the same pain level constantly?

I have constant pain in my neck and shoulders, left wrist and left ankle. Depending on how far I've pushed myself depends on my pain level.

I better just add I have a rheum appt on March 4th so I am still waiting to be dx.
Dog Lady
UKFM Member

Re: Static pain

Postby Zia2014 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:29 pm

My neck/shoulders are in pretty constant pain, but I had an injury there BF (before Fibro) anyway. Hopefully the physio will be able to help me like he did last time. It does vary in intensity and exact location but there is always some pain in that general area. I use TENS on it and if I can make that area better, I should be able to cope with the pain most of the time.

Anywhere else in the body the pain is transient.
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby SchroedingersCat » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:46 pm

Yep, left hip, leg and lower back are always there, levels vary but always a constant, dragging, nagging pain.
SchroedingersCat
UKFM Member

Postby JemmaB88 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:18 pm

Yes from me too. Constant in my neck and shoulders. 90% of the time in my hands and feet. The rest of my body is a free for all. Sometimes an area will be causing me huge pain, then it will go away for weeks.

Hands and feet bad at the moment. I have had to take my wedding ring off as it was hurting!
JemmaB88
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:59 pm

I don't have a permanent pain. My lower back is very sensitive so its the first thing that will hurt. My pain when it comes can be anywhere along with the lower back pain. Sometimes its my wrists, thighs, ankles, knees, shoulders...hips...
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems