reflux

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

reflux

Postby kitten » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:09 pm

For the past 4/5 weeks I have had heartburn, wind, dry retching ,dry cough not a lot of appetite , that's the top half , the bottom bit a horrible discharge cloudy urine along with a horrid fish smell ,
been on the net and it came up it may not be enough acid in the stomach and to try Betaine Hydrochloride tablets any one tried them , have tried the usual OTC medicine no joy, really fed up with this now
kitten
UKFM Member

Re: reflux

Postby *Lisa* » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:18 pm

I would see your GP as a precaution as seems alot going on there.

Reflux is vomiting food/drink back into your mouth up to many hours after consuming it. I had this and went for an investigation. They put a tube down into my stomach and found the problem was a Hitas Hernia as medications were not controlling the issue.

I cut out caffiene as this was one of the worst triggers
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby shazzer67 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:43 pm

Reflux can happen due to many causes, I've had it for about 20yrs! It hasn't been linked to the fibro, however, my rheumy told me that he would have diagnosed fibro 20yrs ago too!!
The nausea is a relatively new addition to my symptoms, and it's not one of my favourites!
I would see your GP anyway, as you do have a lot going on!
The problem with many/all us fibroers (I made that up!), is that we put a lot of ailments down to fibro, and just get on with it, but really, we need to get it checked out! My GP has learnt from me attending with my array of symptoms! He's a good 'un!
Go get checked hun x
shazzer67
UKFM Newbie

Postby zappa20 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:58 am

Do you smoke? Not eating very much or leaving a long time between eating. Just a couple of things which can contribute to heartburn. If the cause is smoking medications don't always work because the effect of the cigs can stop the sphincter muscle into the stomach not to close properly.

Having tried prescribed medications etc, the only thing which works for me is sucking sugar free sweets, the increased saliva neutralises the stomach acid. Works very time for me, tho can take between 2 to 4 boiled sweets at a time. My husband who's been plagued with heartburn, indigestion most of his life is now using boiled sweets as a fix now as well.

Re the bottom half , think you need a trip to the doctor. From what you've said sounds like either a urine infection, or more likely a vaginal infection, and imagine you need a prescription to fix this. But the good news is, it's probably easier fixed than your heartburn.
zappa20
UKFM Member

Postby dotty lotty » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:00 am

Kitten I have sent a PM. :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby kitten » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:11 pm

Hi dotty lotty

Have replied to you pm hope you have received it not sent one before hope I did it right
kitten
UKFM Member

Postby kitten » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:18 pm

Zappa

not smoked for 16 years can not stand the smell makes me heave I remember once when some one walked near me with a cig as they got near me they blew the smoke out more or less in my face it was horrendous went in to Superdrug and sprayed a tester all over me no idea what the perfume was but it was a lot better then the smoke

Thank you all for your reply, appointment made at the Dr for next week
kitten
UKFM Member

Postby Patsb » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:07 pm

I've suffered horrendous heartburn and indigestion since being diagnosed with fibromyalgia. The only thing that works for me is bisodol tablets.rennies...gaviscon...or tabs Dr gave me lansoprazole don't touch it.i also feel really nauseous most of the time. :cry:
Patsb
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems