Migraine and deja vu!?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Migraine and deja vu!?

Postby JemmaB88 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:40 pm

Hi all,

Currently in a massive flare. Having major pain all the time. Meds not helping. Exercise making it worse. Also have a 6 month old baby so can't give in and rest. Reaching breaking point now :(

I have started getting a really bad cluster of headaches. I get a bad one that lasts a few days then it will go and come back a day later. It starts in one side of my forehead and spreads across the whole of the side of my face and head. Migraleve doesn't help for long. I get very nauseous. I recently started to get this weird pattern in my vision briefly. The only way I can describe it is a blue barcode!!? With a few wiggly bits in it? Weird.

This morning I had the 4th episode of what I can only describe as deja vu. I was sat on the coffee table while my son sat in his bouncy toy table thingy. I had a cup of cold tea (hey mums, the only way to drink tea these days isn't it) and my phone. LO was watching a kids programme and I had this sudden wave of deja vu. I knew what was going to be said on the tv, I knew my son would reach for my phone and I knew that this had happened a long while ago. HOW? My son is only just 6 months, and the programme was a new one. 10 mins later I had a bad head and the blue wiggley eyes going on.

Still have a headache. Taken 2 migraleve and 2 ibuprofen.

This had happened 4 times this year. Last year I had a few moments of deja vu but nothing that I would have called unusual. But now with the nausea and headache following it is slightly bothersome.

I am waiting for some results from the hospital for a gut problem that may or not be related to fibro. When they come back I am planning to visit the GP anyway so I will mention this. Does it sound wise to keep a track in my diary of these episodes?

Thanks all x
JemmaB88
UKFM Member

Re: Migraine and deja vu!?

Postby ixel-chick » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:34 pm

Firstly, I know you got plans to see the doc soon anyway, but why not see if you can go sooner? If nothing else it could put your mind at ease. :-D

There's so many things that can cause migraines and blurry vision, and although the fibro did it to me, it could be something else, so better safe than sorry.

I got horrendous migraines, nothing helped apart from sleeping it off in darkness... which is probably not an option for you with the little one around. I used to lay in bed, in complete darkness, with the duvet pulled over my head - and it was still too light! Used to over my eyes with my hands on top of that, and still, even in complete darkness it was too blooming light.

The milnacipran killed off all my migraines (firstly reduced them to headaches, then all gone), and although I just re-started on them, migraines are already gone (pain is still there, but not bad, and instead of all over, it's now concentrating on the legs), but then again, I never actually took any painkillers for the migraines when I used to have them. When I was on sertraline it took my eye floaters away, and at the end of my first round of milnacipran the eye floaters also went away (and have since stayed away). My optician thought that my vision problems were due to me being so fatigued, if the body was that fatigued, chances were the eyes were effected too (as there was nothing wrong with my eyes).

Ooooo - that's a good idea, if you cannot get a doc appointment quickly, have your eyes checked! They see much more than whether you need a prescription or not (hubby's been sent to the hospital twice after having his eyes checked, and years ago I was told to check my cholesterol after an eye test).

I get deja-vu's now and then, but have always been like that, nothing that came about with the fibro. Last one was a month or so ago, when I was assembling a kitchen dresser. I had already assembled that specific dresser, at the same location, at the same day. Annoyed the heck out of me, as each time it happens it just proves to me that nothing ever changes, and it's all just set on repeat. :lol:

Hope you feel better soon!
☐ Fibro Mode / ☑ Normal Mode
ixel-chick
UKFM Member

Postby Lucylastik » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:55 am

Hi Jemma

Sorry to hear about your horrid flare up. Just had to say I've had an awful episode myself over the last 3-4 days with migraines and tinnitus, which really upset me because I haven't had a migraine for years. Hardly worth saying that my sleep has been dysfunctional at best. The first 48 hrs I slept through pretty much all of it, as I was so deeply fatigued I couldn't sit up, had no energy and the pain and waves of nausea stopped me doing anything for more than ten minutes at a time.

The next couple of days were like a waking nightmare. A constant round of taking pills, trying to sleep, having terrible dreams, the tinnitus driving me crazy, rinse and repeat. Add to that a bad back, my shoulders flaring so I had trouble lying on my side, blurred vision, etc. I'm lucky that my partner works continental shifts and that he was at home to look after me or I think I would have gone stark staring mad.

I've not had the deja-vu thing (yet) but it sounds awful and confusing. I used to get it in my teens and we all thought it was fascinating back then but now, on top of everything else it would be less tolerable, I think. I can't imagine how you cope with a baby too.

Anyway I'm happy to report that I can sit up today, the migraine has receded to a dull ache and the 'cicadas on steroids' as I nickname the tinnitus is just a soft whisper that I can generally cope with. Happy days. ;-)

Anyway, I hope you get better soon Jemma. I wish I could give you a tip on how to get through it all but we are all different. I found blocking out the light helped (and large doses of Imigran50) but just keep on at your GP. Maybe you need different meds if they aren't helping? And yes, ALWAYS keep a diary if you can. I do.

Also, is there someone who can come in and help with the baby? A relative perhaps? Anyway as I said, take care and get better soon x
“You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
What mood is that?
Last-minute panic.”

― Calvin & Hobbes.
Lucylastik
UKFM Member

Postby JemmaB88 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:16 pm

Hi Lucy,

This all sounds terrible! I hope you get some relief soon.

Well a day or so after that I went to my GP and basically cried at her. She has put me on DHC 90mg tablets and I am seeing her next week for a review.

Still getting headaches :(
JemmaB88
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems