Soles of my Feet

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Soles of my Feet

Postby shelleyw21 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:24 am

Hi, does anyone else have fibro pain in the soles of their feet? I am in extreme pain as soon as I put my foot to the floor and it feels like I am walking on rocks. It's got so bad I am having to use an electric wheelchair to get around as it's just too painful to walk. Anyone else got anything similar?
shelleyw21
UKFM Newbie

Re: Soles of my Feet

Postby shazzer67 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:02 pm

Yes!! Most of the time!
It started years ago (before I was diagnosed) & I couldn't understand what was going on with my feet! Fair enough, I've been a hairdresser &radiographer, which are both hard jobs, but I was only in my 30's, so was devastated by the pain!
The only thing I've found that helps is nothing; as in doing nothing! Feet off the ground & with no pressure from socks or shoes etc. Insoles didn't help.
Not sure about anyone else having found a cure, or something to ease the pain?!
shazzer67
UKFM Newbie

Postby GQM » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:07 pm

Hi,
I get the exact same thing, when I am in bed I also have pain but I have another strange feeling like my skin is miving.
I also have the same sensation between my legs which is seriously uncomfortable
GQM
UKFM Member

Postby kazzy56 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:24 pm

I have pain in my left foot on the heel, it doesn't stop me walking on it but it hurts a lot :(
kazzy56
UKFM Newbie

Postby lizashfield » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:27 pm

Yes, I get this most of the time particularly in my right foot. I also have extreme pain around the front of my right ankle. I find foot sleeves that I buy from Boots help a little as they give support in the right places. The only other thing I could suggest is making sure you keep your feet warm as coldness seems to make it worse.

I find it really difficult to stand and cannot queue for things without looking very impatient.
lizashfield
UKFM Member

Postby Fluff » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:51 pm

Fluff
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:53 pm

Pain in the feet could be related to arthritis more so if its in you heel. I have this & I have psoriatic arthritis x
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby cdcrossy » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:50 pm

yup can relate to u i have the same its like walking on pebbles barefoot i got it looked at and i have flat feet so they said i have Plantar fasciitis
cdcrossy
UKFM Member

Postby mamamaka » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:34 pm

Have you ruled out plantar fascitis, which is extremely painful around the heel caused by the Achilles tendon, I had this problem a few years ago and it is really painful especially in the morning or when you first put your feet down after resting, I do have pain around my feet but nothing like that anymore thankfully, it maybe worth getting it checked out by your gp x
mamamaka
UKFM Member

Postby not.giving.in » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:13 pm

I saw a post some years ago that called it screaming feet and that is what I call it now,it's a perfect description of what I feel. Feet up as much as possible helps, cushioned insoles, and patience. I hope it eases for you soon x
not.giving.in
UKFM Member

Postby Feemacle » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:48 pm

Hi there

The sole of my feet also get very sore, especially when
I'm on a 12 hour shift. I can barely walk afterwards. When
I'm working I have to take time out a place them in cold water
And thus helps a lot. (Especially in summer). I have been to get
insoles for my shoes. Hope you find a solution for your sore
Fee

Regads
Femacle
Feemacle
UKFM Newbie

Postby JemmaB88 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:16 pm

Yep. 90% of the time. I went to the Dr about it a year before I was diagnosed and I was told it was plantar faciitis at the time. It is the right one most of the time but both are affected.
JemmaB88
UKFM Member

Postby loverliesgal » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:51 pm

Mine started when I was about 8 or 9 years no pain killers, injections massages or lotions or potions worked. The only thing that is successful is to not stand on my feet when they hurt. The pain is indescribable, from feeling on fire to spasms. Rest and limiting the time I am on my feet has given me a lot more 'almost painfree' days. I even tried one of those foot massagers, well that was so painful both to my feet and my purse. Now with diabetes, I have to be extra careful, as I am now causing injuries to my feet because they already hurt so much a REAL hurt goes unnoticed.

I hope you find your way of managing the pain you are in.

Yes I have flat feet, no I don't have plantar fasciitus
loverliesgal
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:08 pm

JemmaB88 wrote:Yep. 90% of the time. I went to the Dr about it a year before I was diagnosed and I was told it was plantar faciitis at the time. It is the right one most of the time but both are affected.

My left one is worse than the right but both are affected x
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby E-Bunny » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:15 am

Hi,

Yes i get this every morning !

I have noticed tho that i only get it after having my legs up ( lying down / resting with feet on the sofa ) but it does ease after a while when walking.

I am glad that i am not the only one who has this pain, as i searched the web about it and came up with nothing :-?

It seems to be a permanent fixture though as it happens every time and shows no signs of giving me a break :(

Tina x
E-Bunny
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems