Knee Pain that is permanent

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Knee Pain that is permanent

Postby E-Bunny » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:27 am

Hi guys / gals,

For the last 4 months or so i have been experiencing severe knee pain when going from sat down to standing and vice versa !

at first i thought this was a fibro thingy and that after a while it would bog off and affect me somewhere else... But it wont go, not even for a day :cry:

Its reaching the point where i am in tears, and dread having to go from one to the other :shock:

I have tried heat packs, volterol patches ( and similar ) but nothing helps. :(

Does anyone else have this permanent knee pain, or if this is something i will be stuck with long term have any tips as to how to at least reduce the severity of the pain itself ( unfortunately baths are a no go ).

Plz help

Tina x
E-Bunny
UKFM Member

Re: Knee Pain that is permanent

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:37 am

HI,

You will need to get the knee examined by your GP to rule out any inflammation/arthritis/Oesteoarthritis and any other knee related issues just in case.

I was sent for an x/ray on mine and ended up being Oesteoarthritis!
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby E-Bunny » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:12 pm

Hi,

And thanks for the quick reply !

It is both knees that are very painful, is it possible for both to get those problems at the same time ?

Tina x
E-Bunny
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:37 pm

I have alternating knee pain, when its really bad imuse a soft knee brace I got from ebay. I have artritis but whenever my rheumy moves it about when im lying down, there's no pain, it just seems to happen when I out weight on it.
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby Patsb » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:40 pm

My knee pain started 3 years ago and has gradually got worse.it is constant :cry: an x Ray showed no arthritis or wear and tear.
Patsb
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:53 pm

I have anterior knee pain in both knees which pre-dates fibro. I'd get it checked out just in case.
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems