ovary pain

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

ovary pain

Postby Tamirra » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:04 pm

Hi, in new to the site and its regarding a family member who i suspect has FM, reading on lots of sites about the illness she has all of the symptoms but she does have constant ovary pain in the left ovary, she is well passed her menopause so im asking your opinions on this, she is convinced she has ovarian cancer the doctor has felt her stomach region and can not feel anything, she refuses to go to the hospital or even be referred there due to having a phobia of any hospital, could this pain be due to FM if this is what she has, any help gratefully received. Thankyou
Tamirra
UKFM Newbie

Re: ovary pain

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:30 pm

Hi & :welcome:

Personaly no but others may have a different opinion. Fibromyalgia is a Musculoskeletal disorder which has many symptoms but i have never come across anyone with ovary pain. She really does need to be seen. I wonder if the GP can give you any advice in how she can get help within her anxieties?

It could be a cyst on the ovary just thinking outside of the cancer box.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Re: ovary pain

Postby Tamirra » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:37 pm

Thankyou for your input but unfortunately mum wont go to the hospital but she is having a full blood count done by the gp so hopefully something will show in that, not that i want anything to show in the result. X
:-|
Tamirra
UKFM Newbie

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems