Does Fibro Make Bones Easier To Break

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Does Fibro Make Bones Easier To Break

Postby chezz » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:56 pm

hi. I suffer from fibro, can anyone tell me if the fibro makes the bones easier to break? I have broken my legs over the years by just walking & having a small trip. I have now broken my foot by just stepping out of a door & losing my balance, which I find is also becoming worse. thanks.
chezz
UKFM Newbie

Re: Does Fibro Make Bones Easier To Break

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:10 pm

I've split your post off from where you had originally made it, retitled it, and moved it into here as it's a more suitable board for what you are asking about chezz.

As far as I am aware, FM isn't known to affect bones in this way, or in any sort of way. FM is something that usually affects the soft tissues of the body, such as muscles, ligaments etc. Problems relating to bones and breaking much more easily tend to be due to completely different conditions, which someone may or may not have as well as/along side FM.

With you seeming to find that you are suffering breaks etc much more easily, it's something that you need to have looked into, which will need a trip to see your GP to start it off.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Re: Does Fibro Make Bones Easier To Break

Postby chezz » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:57 pm

Many thanks for your help.
chezz
UKFM Newbie

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems