[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Does anyone else get nightmares due to drugs?

Does anyone else get nightmares due to drugs?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Does anyone else get nightmares due to drugs?

Postby perseus » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:30 pm

Over the past few months I've had more nightmares than since I was a child. There's no obvious circumstantial reason for it, although I can sometimes identify several relatively benign incidents which are amalgamated then morphed into something very unpleasant like a B horror movie. They are particularly terrifying usually involving a threat to my life.

The only change I can think of is the use of a different anti histamine for itchy eyes called phenylephrine which I take before bedtime. I may go back onto Citrizine for the rest of the hay fever season. Another drug which brought on nightmares is Zolpidem which I used for sleeping, but I use Zopiclone now when I need it.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia. Regards Stephen
perseus

Re: Does anyone else get nightmares due to drugs?

Postby bandj » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:21 am

I get some really weird dreams which are nightmareish. The other night I dreamt I was taking part in some research which involved my being hit on the shins with a thick piece of wood when I got it wrong. I was told that they were testing the punishment principle! :yikes: after a couple of whacks I left saying I was going to my lawyer and doctor :crazy: goodness knows what that was all about!

I can't take tramadol, I have horrendous hallucinations.

It's hard trying different meds until you find one that suits. I have had bad reactions to so many meds that I'm limited to what I can take. At leadt things are stable with my current meds! :-)
1 Corinthians 13:13
bandj
UKFM Member

Postby dotty lotty » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:23 am

Don't know if it is the medication but my dreams are weird and pretty scary at times. :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby TNK* » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:15 pm

Not scary dreams but Amitriptylinegave me batsh*t crazy dreams, but it also gave me sleep paralysis, which is terrifying....hence why ive knocked them on the head.
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes When You're Fast Asleep ºOº

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems