Does anyone else get nightmares due to drugs?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Does anyone else get nightmares due to drugs?

Postby perseus » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:30 pm

Over the past few months I've had more nightmares than since I was a child. There's no obvious circumstantial reason for it, although I can sometimes identify several relatively benign incidents which are amalgamated then morphed into something very unpleasant like a B horror movie. They are particularly terrifying usually involving a threat to my life.

The only change I can think of is the use of a different anti histamine for itchy eyes called phenylephrine which I take before bedtime. I may go back onto Citrizine for the rest of the hay fever season. Another drug which brought on nightmares is Zolpidem which I used for sleeping, but I use Zopiclone now when I need it.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia. Regards Stephen
perseus

Re: Does anyone else get nightmares due to drugs?

Postby bandj » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:21 am

I get some really weird dreams which are nightmareish. The other night I dreamt I was taking part in some research which involved my being hit on the shins with a thick piece of wood when I got it wrong. I was told that they were testing the punishment principle! :yikes: after a couple of whacks I left saying I was going to my lawyer and doctor :crazy: goodness knows what that was all about!

I can't take tramadol, I have horrendous hallucinations.

It's hard trying different meds until you find one that suits. I have had bad reactions to so many meds that I'm limited to what I can take. At leadt things are stable with my current meds! :-)
There are these three things that remain: faith, hope and love. And the greatest of these is LOVE.
1 Corinthians 13:13
bandj
UKFM Member

Postby dotty lotty » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:23 am

Don't know if it is the medication but my dreams are weird and pretty scary at times. :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby TNK* » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:15 pm

Not scary dreams but Amitriptylinegave me batsh*t crazy dreams, but it also gave me sleep paralysis, which is terrifying....hence why ive knocked them on the head.
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes When You're Fast Asleep ºOº

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems