Feels like joint stuck, very painful. Top of foot - HMS

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Feels like joint stuck, very painful. Top of foot - HMS

Postby Fairytaz » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:47 pm

Hi everyone

I'm having trouble with a joint in my foot. It just feels stuck. I've managed to make very audible noises from it in my attempts but hasn't fully done the trick. Have hypermobility syndrome and sublaxed or stuck joints are usually easy but uncomfortable to sort out

Has anyone ever had this problem? Got any tips? It's painful when I walk and I can't fully bend my foot. When it started I was just standing while in the phone. Can't be broken or anything, just feels stuck

Thanks and hope to hear from u soon :)
Fairytaz
UKFM Member

Re: Feels like joint stuck, very painful. Top of foot - HMS

Postby Fairytaz » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:37 pm

Update: I'm a little uneducated in the world of hms it seems, this is a ligament issue, sprain or something. Silly me
Fairytaz
UKFM Member

Re: Feels like joint stuck, very painful. Top of foot - HMS

Postby Cherry Becwell » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:42 am

Sorry to hear you get this too! It can be really painful. I have jhs/EDS 3 and I get this in my left foot most mornings when I wake up, then usually it just sort of clicks back in once I start walking out the bedroom. It doesn't hurt so much for me now, unless it doesn't go back in quickly, then it can be such a pain and so sore, especially trying to get around the house. I'm afraid I don't have any suggestions to stop this from happening. At first I thought it was because of the colder weather, but it still happens just as much when it's been warmer. From my experience it just goes back in when it wants to. Out of curiosity, does your foot tend to roll over on it's self/side at all? My left foot constantly goes over and it's that foot that has this problem. My left knee is usually sublaxed to the right and my ankle compensates by making my foot go left and sometimes over. I hope you find something that helps, sorry I've not been much help! Xxx
Cherry Becwell
UKFM Newbie

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems