Are Flu symptoms more intense with Fibro?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Are Flu symptoms more intense with Fibro?

Postby Beckybecks » Mon May 11, 2015 5:02 pm

I am just recovering from a bad bout of flu. My question is: does Fibro make symptoms of other illnesses worse or do we just feel them more intensely? I have never experienced such a bad flu myself and now two weeks later, when I say I'm recovering I actually still feel ill and so tired I can hardly drag myself up the stairs. I'm getting quite concerned and wonder if other people take so long to recover from flu. I'm sure people must be getting fed up with me by now.
Newly arrived in the UK from Southern Africa
Beckybecks
UKFM Member

Re: Are Flu symptoms more intense with Fibro?

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon May 11, 2015 7:00 pm

Basically.....Yes. When FM mixes itself in with other illnesses and problems, it can intensify the symptoms and effects, as well as increasing the length of time it can take to recover. It's not just major illnesses it picks on either, it will try to affect and everything and anything that we can pick up/have happen to us.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Re: Are Flu symptoms more intense with Fibro?

Postby Beckybecks » Mon May 11, 2015 7:27 pm

Thank you. At least I know I'm not suffering from some strange foreign unknown flu...... I was thinking that maybe the English flu is stronger than the mild African one I'm used to. I'll just have to be patient.
Newly arrived in the UK from Southern Africa
Beckybecks
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems