Dowager's Hump

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Dowager's Hump

Postby carolad » Thu May 28, 2015 7:18 pm

Zia2014 wrote:Yep, am guessing my poor posture has had a lot to do with it as it appeared so suddenly, along with massive vertigo probs. I am interested in the AT, I just can't get my head around relaxing because I am tense/in pain all the time now! And if I do 'relax', I settle into a bad position.

But like I said, I can't afford it anyway :)

That's a good point about hips, I'm sure I do this. It's just that unless someone is there telling me, I can't do it on my own!

I know, it is SO difficult to change our posture because it always feels so 'normal' to us. I hope you can find something that helps x
carolad
UKFM Member

Postby TheHud » Thu May 28, 2015 8:59 pm

Zia2014 wrote:Yep, am guessing my poor posture has had a lot to do with it as it appeared so suddenly, along with massive vertigo probs. I am interested in the AT, I just can't get my head around relaxing because I am tense/in pain all the time now! And if I do 'relax', I settle into a bad position.

But like I said, I can't afford it anyway :)

That's a good point about hips, I'm sure I do this. It's just that unless someone is there telling me, I can't do it on my own!

How are you posting now, are you using a device on your lap, for example. I have a hump, it comes and goes along with the grinding and crunching that tells me time for posture sorting again. I have a laptop table that slots under my chair or, as now allows me to sit upright with head straight. I also make sure that when lying on my back I have no pillow. My pillow is a very soft cot (baby) pillow that I can move and shape depending on being on my side or my back. Its small so can be shifted around. hard pillows make my head and ears hurt, even my jaw. I also have a body sculpt memory foam mattress. without all this I am crippled and my hump grows. i think its inflammation, fluid build up from aggravated muscle/tendon/discs being pulled out of line. My theory.

Hope it settles soon, thinking of you it's all so awful

Yvonne
TheHud
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Sat May 30, 2015 7:56 pm

Thanks Carol. Am going to try something called mysofacial release, have you heard of it?

TheHud I am posting on the PC, I can hardly type on the tablet! I try not to use the tablet or phone much as I can't type on them and I bend too much using them. What laptop table do you have?

I'm surprised yours goes again, that gives me a bit of hope! A physio told me yesterday it doesn't. I got a new pillow a while back which is much better, and always sleep on my side.
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby carolad » Sat May 30, 2015 10:07 pm

Zia2014 wrote:Thanks Carol. Am going to try something called mysofacial release, have you heard of it?

Yes, my physio does myofascial release and I find it really helps :-) The first time she started to do it, I thought it was going to have no effect whatsoever because she didn't seem to be doing much - it is very gentle, not like getting a massage. But as she was working, I could feel the stiffness disappearing...wonderful :-D I hope it works for you too Zia - let us know how you get on x
carolad
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Sun May 31, 2015 1:18 pm

Thanks, will do!
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby TheHud » Sun May 31, 2015 8:58 pm

Zia, this one, great for just about anything and it does not hog space :)

http://www.tesco.com/direct/levv-black- ... 8-5844.prd
TheHud
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:02 pm

Oh that is not what I thought it would be! Do you mean you use it when sat at your sofa, or at a desk?
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby TheHud » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:27 am

Zia2014 wrote:Oh that is not what I thought it would be! Do you mean you use it when sat at your sofa, or at a desk?

Sofa, chair, standing up, reclined. I also have a wedge under my laptop that has a fan, but it improves the position and site of the keyboard.

the bottom slides under whatever you are sat on and if I need to prop my back and recline it easily slides under enough for me to still use the laptop and keep my neck and back aligned.

Its been a marvel :lol:
TheHud
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:05 pm

It just doesn't look like something I could use under my sofa as I would have to lean forward to use it. Glad it works for you though!
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Previous

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems