Old injuries

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Old injuries

Postby purplehippy » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:47 pm

I was diagnosed with Fibro in February but have been getting symptoms for a while. I did have Lupus about 15yrs ago due to an allergic reaction to antibiotics and originally I thought the Lupus had returned.

In the last few months I have noticed that a few old 'injuries' have been given me some problems. For example, I fell over and hurt my shoulder about 3yrs ago and it had healed and wasn't giving me any issues but the pain has come back again in that shoulder and not in the other. The same with my knee which I hurt last year when I fell off my bike, it had healed and then its started hurting again in the exact place where I hurt it and nowhere else. There are a few others where the same thing has happened

Does anyone know if Fibro can exacerbate old injuries which have healed? or am I just reading too much into it?

I'm not on any medication for my Fibro as its early days for me and I am trying to do what I can without the medication
purplehippy
UKFM Newbie

Re: Old injuries

Postby Zia2014 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:33 pm

I definitely get most of my pain in areas where I have had trouble before - so bad knees and an old back/neck injury that was almost healed is now agony all the time. I don't always get pain in areas where I've not had problems before.
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems