Could I possibly have Fibromyalgia?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Could I possibly have Fibromyalgia?

Postby Jordanmcr » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:51 pm

Hi, I'll try and make this as short as possible.

I have had the below list of symptoms for just over a year, i'm 28 and had similar symptoms when I was about 19 but they went away for years up until now.

My question is could it possibly be fibromyalgia or maybe something else?

Muscle twitches All over body. (I can see visually)
Body Aches (Especially when waking up, I struggle walking down the stairs)
Headaches
Light Sensitivity
Large Pupils (even in daylight)
Objects Move/Quiver when I look at them for too long (especially White)
Strong Smells make me feel sick/headache (Air fresheners etc)
Tingling In Scalp (Back Left)
Ear drums Fluttering (especially when on the phone or with abrupt noises)
Electric Shock/Surge feeling when getting in shower
Short Term Memory Issues (Events, Words and chronological issues/Recall)
Time distortion ( A week feels like a month. What happened a day ago feels like it happened a week ago)
Ringing in ears (Like TV Frequency)
Floaters/Cells in vision (especially in daylight and Static in the Dark)
Pressure feeling in head and throat/neck
Dizziness (like a floaty feeling)
Strange Dreams and Frequent Nightmares

Depersonalisation (Detachment from surroundings/ feel unfamiliar,
Don't recognise myself in the mirror/ Don't feel connected to my long term memories. Feel In a dream 24/7)

Vision seems as if looking through a glass screen, Like a bubble. I feel a disconnect/gap between myself and the outside world (Like a dolly-zoom effect on a camera). When I look at my hands it's as if they are super imposed onto a background.
Jordanmcr
UKFM Newbie

Re: Could I possibly have Fibromyalgia?

Postby whoami » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:55 pm

I think only a Dr can diagnose you properly. It could be fibro or other things. See your Dr and let us know how you get on.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby clairbear » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:58 am

Hi Jordan,

wow..that's some list you poor soul!
You really need to sit and bottom it out with your GP/Doctor as you have things that do relate to Fibro but also other conditions too.
If you think it is Fibro but you GP is unsure take a print out of the Fibromyalgia leaflet from http://patient.info/doctor/fibromyalgia-pro
I know its been quite handy for others when their Doctors have been uncertain.

Come back and let us know how you get on.
clairbear
UKFM Member

Postby puaa001 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:33 am

It is better to consult with Professional doctor.. if you have these kind of problems..
puaa001
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:34 am

Jordanmcr wrote:Hi, I'll try and make this as short as possible.

I have had the below list of symptoms for just over a year, i'm 28 and had similar symptoms when I was about 19 but they went away for years up until now.

My question is could it possibly be fibromyalgia or maybe something else?

Muscle twitches All over body. (I can see visually)
Body Aches (Especially when waking up, I struggle walking down the stairs)
Headaches
Light Sensitivity
Large Pupils (even in daylight)
Objects Move/Quiver when I look at them for too long (especially White)
Strong Smells make me feel sick/headache (Air fresheners etc)
Tingling In Scalp (Back Left)
Ear drums Fluttering (especially when on the phone or with abrupt noises)
Electric Shock/Surge feeling when getting in shower
Short Term Memory Issues (Events, Words and chronological issues/Recall)
Time distortion ( A week feels like a month. What happened a day ago feels like it happened a week ago)
Ringing in ears (Like TV Frequency)
Floaters/Cells in vision (especially in daylight and Static in the Dark)
Pressure feeling in head and throat/neck
Dizziness (like a floaty feeling)
Strange Dreams and Frequent Nightmares

Depersonalisation (Detachment from surroundings/ feel unfamiliar,
Don't recognise myself in the mirror/ Don't feel connected to my long term memories. Feel In a dream 24/7)

Vision seems as if looking through a glass screen, Like a bubble. I feel a disconnect/gap between myself and the outside world (Like a dolly-zoom effect on a camera). When I look at my hands it's as if they are super imposed onto a background.

Hi & Welcome

Can I ask? Do you have Anxiety?

Quote *Depersonalisation (Detachment from surroundings/ feel unfamiliar,

I would visit your GP because even tho Im not medicaly trained in any way my daughter has everything you say and suffers with severe anxiety especially with the Depersonalisation. She also has vision problems and i feel thats connected with the depersonalisation as i have had this before myself.

I would also like to ask how you manage this symptom as i need some advice for my daughter (shes only 16) she is currently on and off prozac since the age of 14! :shock: under CAMHS had counselling/CBT etc but the depersonalisation hasnt gone away... Its a symptom of anxiety not of fibro and a horrid one at that. It impacts her daily life.

Anxiety also cause muscle pain and stiffness around the neck and the lump feeling in the throat. Its the tension causing this. I myself have anxiety.

On my personal opinion i would speak with your GP about Anxiety and Fibro although i feel its more towards Anxiety.

My apologies if i am wrong but its like my daughter has written this post. I feel its more connected to anxiety.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby TheHud » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:13 pm

Agree with Lisa. Our son has been like this from 14 years too. He is 24 now and takes 200mg sertraline (just upped as he is having a hard time). He has been on differing levels of this since 16. He also has beta blockers to try and get the physical affects under control plus diazepam for emergencies.

However, it is probable that the continual upset to your nervous system has triggered the dreaded Fibro because much of what you say i also get, less now on pregablin especially the shower thing. Get thee to the docs with your list.

Good luck
TheHud
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems