fibro getting worse

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

fibro getting worse

Postby val1705 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:39 pm

Hi my ESA and DLA is due for renewal at the end of this year, my symptoms are getting worse plus other problems
I now have pulmonary embolism s masses in both lungs which is now affecting my heart condition, my mobility and breathing
Don't know whether I should wait until my claim is renewed or inform them but scared in case my DLA and ESA (support group)
gets stopped help not sure what to do :?: :-|
val1705
UKFM Newbie

Re: fibro getting worse

Postby Queenie_70 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:55 am

Hi val1705,

I am so sorry to hear about your increased illness.

In regards to your post though, I can only tell you what I was told, and that is, any and all changes have to be reported. Now I just recently told PIP about my increased illness, my new diagnosis of "Borderline Personality Disorder," and the current new symptoms and problems that I have. The very nice gentleman that I spoke to at DWP said I could have the information sent "up" for my case to be reassessed. In other words, they could look to see if that means I get more money as my illness is worse, or, I could just have my records updated. I opted just for the updated records.

I am sure with all your new conditions and diagnosis, so long as you have documentation to back it up, you will be fine. It is scary, but I think you should call DWP and they will walk you through what needs to be done and if you need to send anything in from your doctor. If you are due to be reassessed at the end of the year, they may give you the choice to do it now. I cannot say whether you will get more money, but they may extend your ESA/DLA. I find if I put on a happy attitude when I call the DWP, the person on the other end seems to reciprocate....I think they get a lot of mad phone calls and a nice voice is a change so they respond well to it....just my experience anyway.

Good luck!!!

xxx
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems