Dry, painful eyes when waking

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Dry, painful eyes when waking

Postby changeoflife » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:17 pm

I was wondering if anyone else encounters really dry, painful eyes when they wake? Also carpel tunnel is now travelling up my arm. God isn't getting old great :roll:
Stand for something or fall for everything!
changeoflife
UKFM Member

Re: Dry, painful eyes when waking

Postby UnderSiege » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:31 pm

Hi.

Yeah, I get the dry and painful eyes when waking. In fact many mornings my vision is blurry and squinty for the first hour of the day at least and just lately I've been under so much stress that the dry eye thing has been all day every day and no amount of drops has helped at all. I do think that in my case it is a stress thing, in the same way that stress exacerbates fibro.
Though I actually had laser surgery to correct my awful short sightedness 8 years ago, I had dry eyes for awhile then but not for years and what I experience now is far, far worse. I actually had styes on the inside of my eyelids the other night and it wasn't an allergy because I'm one of those fortunate enough to be pretty much over 99% unaffected by such things (so far anyway...)

Yep, getting old is a hell of a laugh (and I'm only 38! :yikes: )

Have a good one!
UnderSiege
UKFM Member

Postby Icarus » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:59 am

Oh yes. Both of these posts sound very familiar to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
eBay store: One.Stop.Warehouse

I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell, I know right now you can't tell. But soon enough, you're gonna think of me. And how I used to be...me
- Matchbox Twenty: 'Unwell'
Icarus
UKFM Member

Postby SchroedingersCat » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:20 pm

Had the problem on and off since laser eye surgery a few years back. Some mornings my eyelids are stuck to my eyeball. Only solution is to drink loads of water and use Viscotears (recommended by my optician, NOT the one that did the surgery, but Specsavers who I've been with for 30 years).
SchroedingersCat
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems