Appendix removed the Fibromyalgia

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Appendix removed the Fibromyalgia

Postby AB1967 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:13 am

Hi

This is something that I have been thinking about for a while & really needed to find out if anyone else could relate their Fibromyalgia to having their appendix removed.

I had my appendix removed in 1988 after thinking I had just strained a muscle, I was a postman at the time & playing football a couple of times a week.

About 2 years later I started to notice that I was getting more muscle aches & I started to feel that any illness was taking longer to clear. I was eventually dismissed in 1993 after almost a year off work with chronic pain. My Doctor during the year diagnosed Fibromyalgia but unfortunately this wasn't on the list of long term absence illnesses that my work accepted.

I really just wondered if anyone else has had their appendix out before developing Fibromyalgia?

Thanks
AB1967
UKFM Newbie

Re: Appendix removed the Fibromyalgia

Postby frankie23 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:48 pm

I can completely relate. I had my appendix out in 2011 when I was 19, before that I was so active, I could go to the gym everyday if I wanted but after it felt like I never completely recovered from the surgery. I never stopped feeling tired and achy and it was only in my second year of uni when I was 21 that I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I reacted quite strongly to the anesthetic for the surgery, it took me about 6 more hours than it should have to wake up and even then I don't really remember much until the next day. that was the first time I had anesthetic too so I'm thinking maybe it was that that could have caused my fibromyalgia.

There are reports that do say physical trauma such as surgery have been known to cause fibromyalgia but it'll be interesting to see if anyone else found out they got it after an having their appendix removed.
frankie23
UKFM Newbie

Re: Appendix removed the Fibromyalgia

Postby fibro-lu » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:44 pm

hi
still have mine
but agree with other poster that physical trauma (all trauma) is a huge contributor
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems