Seizures?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Seizures?

Postby Purpledot » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:13 pm

Can anyone tell me if any form of seizure is a recognised symptom of Fibro?

Had a very strange and disturbing episode a couple of days ago, but don't want to bother my GP if he's just going to say it's the Fibro and there's nothing he can do!

I have researched what happened and it very much resembles a 'partial seizure' or 'aura seizure'. I am really reluctant to go to the GP as every time I see him lately I seem to collect another diagnosis!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you. PD xx
Purpledot
UKFM Member

Re: Seizures?

Postby fibro-lu » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:57 pm

not sure what you experienced
could you please elaborate
thank you
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby Purpledot » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:03 am

It was all a bit confusing, and probably makes me sound as if I'm totally bonkers, but basically I had like a waking dream where I was talking but had no control over it, followed by an uncontrollable urge to laugh, and then I had a really really loud noise in my head (like a pneumatic drill mixed with a washing machine on full spin), and a horrible, electrical buzzing feeling over my whole body.

My whole body then started shaking, including my eyes. During the whole of this, I was aware of what was going on but had no control over anything.

I then heard a really clear voice in my head and then everything slowly subsided.

The whole thing lasted about a minute, but was very scary and left me feeling very confused and shaky. It also left me with an internal shake for a while afterwards, and one side of my body felt numb and tingly for a while afterwards too.

I know this sounds really weird, but I have done some research and it does fit with what they call a 'partial' or 'aura' seizure.

I am really reluctant to go to my GP but think maybe I should. My hubby wants me to, but I've promised him I'll go if it happens again.

I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced anything similar, and if anyone knew if this could be attributed to the Fibro.
Purpledot
UKFM Member

Postby fibro-lu » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:18 pm

well explained
thank you for that
you don't sound bonkers to me
can't remember having had something like that
do agree with your hubby to get it checked out
especially as it has to do with (well) your "head"
:blowkiss:
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby Charmed » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:21 pm

I occasionally get a loud bang in my head (like a shot) It gives me quite a fright to say the least. It may be a nerve type thing, I really don't know. I feel if I tell my GP she would think I was bonkers too. The thing is doctors just put everything down to Fibro, when they should be investigating new symptoms.

It's the same old story, tests cost money and they don't want to send us.

I've been to see my new GP once (new surgery as moved house) I told her I have OA in my lower back and toes. I believe I also have it in my neck, knees, base of thumbs and middle fingers. So I told her I want it investigated. Her reply was, "well we know you already have it in your back and toes, so you probably do have it in the rest of your body." WHAT! Sounds like another fantastic GP. She said to go back in 2 weeks so she can read my notes. Ha to read what the last useless doctor had written.

I told her I'd come off my Tramadol because they were not helping my pain. Her reply, "Oh your condition must be getting better"

Yeah I feel great, that's why I'm thinking of buying a second hand wheelchair to get me around the house.

I don't know what could be causing your symptoms, but they sound really frightening. Please go to your GP and demand answers, even take your husband if possible.

Best of luck love xx
Charmed
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems