face pain

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby LinzWorld » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:51 am

I find myofascial release very helpful. We worked out that my transformed migraines (longer lasting, won't respond properly to meds), the TMJ, some of the asthma symptoms and a lot of pain and stiffness elsewhere were all down to myofascial trigger points. Getting a release therapy once a month keeps me mobile.

Some people get injections for trigger points and botox is one of the things that can be use. Lidocaine is more usual though.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby geordiegirl68 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:25 am

hebby wrote:Hi I suffer from pain just as you describe and also get earache and dizziness most days. I've been dx'd with TMJD and was put on ami to help with the pain and dizziness and I think it takes the edge off it. I also suffer what I've always thought to be migraines but now find out they could be TMJ headaches. I was on a no chew diet for about 4 months when I was under the max fax dr, but that did no good. I do grind a lot at night which aggrevates it (tried a bit guard from the dentist but just gagged on it and spat it out in my sleep. Haven't found any sure fire ways to get rid of it but just concentrate on relaxing my jaw when I'm stressed or in pain.

i also grind my teeth at night and have tried mouth guard i was told by dentist i had tmj and is assoc with fibro and also tmj headaches connected, they are a killer, i use a relaxation cd every night on my mp4 player whilst going to sleep and it helps, if persistant, hope this helps,
i cant stress enough that exercise does help if done in moderation most gp do a referall to fittness programe these days and you get refered to your local lesuire centre and they put you ona prgramme and monitor you,, i have tried ami and it didnt help, i cant sit at pc for long time as this aggrevats it and i cant drive for long either.
mandy
geordiegirl68
UKFM Newbie

Previous

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems