chest pain and breathing problems

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

chest pain and breathing problems

Postby shaz » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:04 pm

i just want some advice, has anyone had realy bad pains on there shoulder blades and been out of breath. i have had this 3 months now and the shoulder pain is realy bad and i keep looseing my breath i feel like my left lung has a waight on it. i have been to doctors about this and had 3 lots of antibiotics that help but still feel unwell. when the tablets finish i have to go bk because it comes bk. she has now sent me to a chest specalist and have got to go on thursday next week. i have also had a xray and the doctor said my left lung was a bit enlarged and had a shadow, she told me not to worry because it was most likely the infection. she thinks i had pluersy. i have just had to move house and have been in my new house a month, i live on my own with my 2 kids. i have smoked over 20 years and am trying my hardest to stop. i have suffered with fibromyalgia over 9 years, at the moment i feel that low i dont know what to do anymore and am realy scared.
shaz
UKFM Member

Postby Angel777 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:54 pm

Try not to worry Shaz, easier said than done I know, but worry will not help. there are muscles in the airways of the lungs, so as FM affects all muscles you will probably get restrictions with the FM too. I know I get asthma symptoms when my flare ups happen and my energy is running at minus.
With an infection as well I would think it will all feel restricted and heavy because you are naturally focusing on that area.
Try to have some quiet relaxing times just a few minutes to completely relax , lay your hand on the Thymus area so you feel supported. It will just help you focus your relaxation on the chest area.

Thinking of you
angel xxx
Diagnosed with FM 2007 /Also have Osteoarthritis which I have had for many years .
Looking to connect with fellow FM people near me as well as making friends and having support from this forum .
Angel777
UKFM Member

Postby MISS BUNNYPENNY » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:37 am

Yes sorry your poorly
Years ago I had that same pain and they found a shadow on my lungs too
[non-smoker] and I was born with weak lungs.
It must be really painful for you as I can still remember that pain and disomforted -- I was dx with pieurisy and pneumonia aswell and you must realize that it takes time to recover and you need to rest and being a smoker will take longer, [The doctor at the hospital gave me the wrong antibiotics aswell :roll: don't you just love them-no]
But seriously rest is best and if you don't you may be made to have a break in hospital -[thats if they can find a bed]. It took me 2 months if I remember and 3/4 weeks complete bedrest, I was lucky that my family and friends step in.
coventry brittle kid
I LIKE WALKING IN THE RAIN -NO 1 SEES YOUR TEARS
LORD=keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth....AMEN
Sarcasm-Its beats killing people/
Just when I was getting used to yesterday,along came today.
MISS BUNNYPENNY
UKFM Regular

Postby LinzWorld » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:45 am

Pleurisy can take a while to get over. It's great that you're giving up - your body will definitely thank you atm!

There are all sorts of issues with Fibro that can affect the chest, but it sounds like your doc thinks you could still have an infection, so deal with that first. :)
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Re: chest pain and breathing problems

Postby sarclanat » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:42 pm

shaz wrote:i just want some advice, has anyone had realy bad pains on there shoulder blades and been out of breath. i have had this 3 months now and the shoulder pain is realy bad and i keep looseing my breath i feel like my left lung has a waight on it. i have been to doctors about this and had 3 lots of antibiotics that help but still feel unwell. when the tablets finish i have to go bk because it comes bk. she has now sent me to a chest specalist and have got to go on thursday next week. i have also had a xray and the doctor said my left lung was a bit enlarged and had a shadow, she told me not to worry because it was most likely the infection. she thinks i had pluersy. i have just had to move house and have been in my new house a month, i live on my own with my 2 kids. i have smoked over 20 years and am trying my hardest to stop. i have suffered with fibromyalgia over 9 years, at the moment i feel that low i dont know what to do anymore and am realy scared.

I have been like that for a while now, often get chest pain, told it was common for FMS sufferers, but so bad today have to take myself to GP sometime this week, phone tomorrow for an appointment
sarclanat
UKFM Member

lung

Postby princess » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:13 pm

I have been unwel for over 3 weeks not, lung infection lower left, breathless, coughing all the time, fatigue well beyond the normal and if i try to speak i cough badly.
2nd lot of antibiotics and maybe need a x-ray if it dosent clear this week.
Infection says Dr - so i know the feeling its a real nasty
Gentle fibro hugs to anyone suffering breathing problems.
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby sparkey » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:41 pm

Iv had breathing problems for years with COPD, but i have just given up smoking im 6 weeks clean now, but i dont know if its the cold or my body adjusting, but my breathing has gotten a lot worse the last couple of weeks, just a short walk and i think i need a taxi with blue lights to get me home. i did smoke a lot so now im a lot ritcher now, but confused all thease years of doctors saying what do you expect you fool you smoke, so now iv stoped why carnt i breath, i feel sorry for eneyone with chest problems take care all,
sparkey
UKFM Member

Postby Corinne » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:19 pm

I know of several people who have given up smoking only to have a string of chest infections & breathing problems for months! :roll:

Its caused by your body suddenly having the ability to clear out the muck & attempt to repair the damage CAUSED by the smoking.

So although it may seem like it wasnt worth the effort sometimes, just bear in mind that until you gave up smoking your body had given up trying to fight the damage, so imagine what you must have been doing to yourself WHILE you were smoking if this is how you feel now! :shock:

Oh by the way, I'm NOT a reformed smoker preaching- I havent found the will power to give up yet :oops: & I really admire anyone who HAS managed!

Corinne x
Corinne
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:06 am

When I gave up smoking for a while (6 years) my asthma got a lot worse and stayed that way. My B-i-L developed asthma when he gave up :shock:
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby MISS BUNNYPENNY » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:26 am

A friend of mind gave up last year and she says she never felt so ill since
one problem - her thorid pack up --- and the docs said she was depressed-
when they realised what it was -- they just managed to catch it in time before all her organs packed in.
coventry brittle kid
I LIKE WALKING IN THE RAIN -NO 1 SEES YOUR TEARS
LORD=keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth....AMEN
Sarcasm-Its beats killing people/
Just when I was getting used to yesterday,along came today.
MISS BUNNYPENNY
UKFM Regular

Postby gillshutt » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:58 pm

I started again after 6 years... I put so much weight on I was in danger of dying from a heart attack anyway :lol: Have just managed to get the weight off (almost) after 11 years :shock:
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby claire edwards » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:51 pm

Hiya
I admire anyone who manages to give up, my husband did 2 years ago and my daughter did about a year ago, they havent had any problems, two of the lucky ones obviously. I smoke roll-ups and have cut down considerably since the smoking ban came in, i also smoke outside at home.
I know the best thing for me would be to give up but i have to be honest and say i dont want to...very un-pc but nevertheless true.
take care
claire

:?
Diagnosed with fibromyalgia, it would be good to hear from people as a form of support and to support.
claire edwards
UKFM Member

Postby Corinne » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:48 am

Claire, I'm the same- basically what it comes down to is I LIKE smoking & its one of the few things I can enjoy so sod it, I'll give up when I no longer enjoy it!

Corinne x
Corinne
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:51 am

Me too.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby claire edwards » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:29 pm

Hiya
Your right, its one of the few pleasures there are...
take care
claire

:)
Diagnosed with fibromyalgia, it would be good to hear from people as a form of support and to support.
claire edwards
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems