recurring kidney/water infections any one

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby juliet » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:19 pm

hi all

well just got out of hosp, went back to the docs on friday and she sent me straight across to the hospital coz she said there was nothing else she could do and i obviously needed painkillers ( i screamed when she poked me!)

so after many many tests and 2 nights in hospital, they still dont really know what is going on, they say it looks like i had a kidney infection because i had huge amounts of white blood cells in my pee but they cant find anything now that should be causing me the amount of pain im in.

basically they have sent me home with some painkillers (make me feel like im drunk the whole time.. seriously the room is spinning!) and are gonna call me back for a kidney and bladder ultrasound hopefully really soon.

just wondered if anyone knows what could cause this as they dont seem conviced it was an infection, a couple of things that have been mentioned is turberculosis of the kidneys or kidney stones (they dont think it is stones tho) is there any chance it could be auto immune?? my auntie has lupus and it is something they have been worried about with me although the blood test has always been negative so as you can imagine this is starting to make me worry!
Juliet xxx

Happiness is not getting what you want, it is being content with what you have.
juliet
UKFM Member

Postby sammi » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:06 pm

Hya all :roll:
Woke up this morning and felt the usual pain which goes with water/kidney infection. Went to the docs and hey presto have another one. If you are reading this princess i remember you saying you got them alot. What was it you used to take to try prevent them. would be very grateful sammi :)
sammi
UKFM Member

Postby emms » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:30 pm

Hi, i have found that when im suffering from a bad water infection, drinking lots of isotonic drinks such as lucozade sports help? Im not exactly sure why, but i have passed this tip to a few friends and it hasnt failed yet!
Man i thought i was through getting freaked! its amazing how a condition can change things overnight...
emms
UKFM Member

Postby Min » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:01 pm

Hugs, I hope the hospital can find what is wrong with you when they do the ultrasound. Fibro often does affect the bladder but it sounds as if there's more going on with you.

I had a kidney stone that was somehow 'overlooked' for three years by the urology dept at one hospital, although I was in agony & my urine was bright red - they offered me antidepressants! Fortunately I moved house & went to a different hospital, but by then it was so big it had to be surgically removed.
Donate for free to fibro & M.E. charities by using by using Everyclick as your search engine
Min
UKFM Member

Postby sammi » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:47 am

Min :)

Did you keep getting the infections with thd kidney stones? Im in the middle of yet another kidney infection. the doc i saw said he couldnt believe no one has sent me for further tests regarding theses reoccuring infections. He did say i might poss have kidney stones. ive to take another sample in when antibiotics finish. At least now i might get to the bottom of all this as i have had 14 in the last 12 months :roll: :roll: sammi
sammi
UKFM Member

Postby Min » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:03 pm

Yes, I had repeated kidney & urine infections with vomiting and shaking, bright red urine & intense pain in my back. I don't know how the first urology team decided it was psychological :roll:

I hope your ultrasound is soon.
Donate for free to fibro & M.E. charities by using by using Everyclick as your search engine
Min
UKFM Member

Postby sammi » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:30 pm

Thanx Min :)

I hope the ultra sound is soon im sick ov been on antibiotics :( sammi
sammi
UKFM Member

Postby Strawberry » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:23 am

Well i have done 3 test strips today (got them off my mam who is a nurse) and all showing up blood in the urine and proteins, looks like it is back to the doctors yet again today :(
Really bad pain lower left side and middle :( cannot sleep tonight for the pain :(

Sick of getting infections :cry: :cry:
Strawberry
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems