Cheek reddening.

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Cheek reddening.

Postby Seaside » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:27 pm

I have been told that I do not have lupus because my ANA is negative and gamma globulins are normal.

I therefore have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I just wondered if anybody else experienced a reddening across the cheeks and nose.

Thanks for reading.

Seaside
Seaside
UKFM Newbie

Postby gillshutt » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:06 pm

Yes I do, and down the sides of my neck... mainly the left side. Do you suffer with dry skin? there is a condition I looked up which is inherited whereby you don't shed your dead skin cells properly... they build up on the skin and can look large dark (sometimes dirty) marks. I think this is what I have and have passed it on to my children too.

One of the characteristics is dry spots on the tops of your arms (between elbow and shoulder) your skin feels 'bobbly' (can't think of a way to describe it :lol: ) It's like you have a rash of dry spots... not patches of dry skin, actual spots.

see here

and I think (brain fog here) the related condition of Follicular ichthyosis.

I also get scale like patches on my feet and ankles... look like fish scales.

Hope this helps.

Gill x[/url]
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby Corinne » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:53 pm

Another possible cause would be rosacea, a very common skin complaint, which causes a red rash (not necessarily spots, but slight bumps or dryish cracked skin) over the cheeks & nose usually.

I have it mildly & only need sensitive skin moisturiser & occasionally hydrocortisone, but I think in some cases it needs further treatment. Maybe you could ask your GP if its a possibility?

Corinne x
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Corinne
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems