Tinnitus

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Tinnitus

Postby andypandy08 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:20 am

does anyone on here suffer with tinnitus ?

I have suffererd for years with this and have noticed of late the tinnitus has got worse.

trying to get off to sleep is a pain anyway , however this doesnt help

looking forward to hearing your comments

Andy
andypandy08
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:27 am

Hi Andy... yes I've got it too and it get's worse when I'm tired or in a flare :( I've found I get off better if I listen to the tinnitus rather than trying to block it out... strange I know. I have a constant high-pitched whistle/whine in both ears all the time. I also get clicking in my left ear (deathwatch beetle I think :lol: ) and other strange noises as well that come and go.

I've had my ears tested and there's nothign wrong with them. If it get's too much to cope with you can get hearing aid things which give out white noise to help.

Gill x
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby LinzWorld » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:30 am

Hi andypandy.

I would highly recommend getting checked out for myofascial trigger points, evn if you have to go private to do so, as intractable headaches AND tinnitis are both possible symptoms resulting from trigger points in theneck, shoulders and head.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Hi and thanks

Postby andypandy08 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:41 pm

Hi Ladies,

Yep I agree listening to the tinitus rather than blocking it out is the best way, I have got it only in the one ear , I have too wear deaf aids as I was diagnosed , deaf in one ear (tinitus one) due to a burst eardrum and partially the other one, the tinitus ear relievers are not worth a try as they emit white noise which is worse than the tinitus , my tinitus gets worse when this flares up, but hey ho I have lived with this for years and largely ignore it 90% of the time, I liked the comment on death watch beatle sorry I just had to laugh .
Hey if I dont catch you all before Christmas have a nice one ..... Andy
andypandy08
UKFM Member

Postby mistyblu » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:25 pm

Hi
I also have tinnitus and its only started since i was diagnosed with FM, mine sounds like a radio thats not tuned in properly. When i go to bed i often listen to music, just something quiet and gentle but it helps me sleep and blocks the tinnitus a bit for me.

I have to say i do find it very annoying but its just something else to cope with.

Misty
mistyblu
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:56 pm

If anyone wants to know what mine sounds like, have a listen to D# on HERE :shock: It's best to use headphones by the way.

Both ears 24/7
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

ears

Postby princess » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:02 pm

No no problems with ears due to Fibro.
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby Looby Lou » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:45 pm

Yes, I have tinnitus in both ears, the right one sounds like the fridge motor running all the time while the left one is like a car parked outside with its engine left running (not both together though) and I also get the 'death watch beetle' tap-tapping. I try to ignore them but the tapping is the worst. When I started to take Acupan tablets it seemed to increse the levels of the tinnitus. Oh the joys of fibro!
Looby Lou
UKFM Member

at least were not alone

Postby andypandy08 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:16 pm

not nice to say folks however we are not alone and its nice to know theres others too turntoo

all take care and a happy 2009
andypandy08
UKFM Member

tinnitus

Postby tigger » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:15 pm

hi i have been diagnoised with tinnitus and vertigo, started with it 6 months ago, i have had fm for 7 years now and its gonna progressively worse over that time, i feel like i am falling apart most days, i have been given a hearing aid as i have lost 30% of my hearing in my right ear which recognises speech. my ent consultant says i have meniere's desease which is an autoimmune disorder. i wondered if anyone else has been diagnosed with the same condition. thanks tigger xx
tigger
UKFM Newbie

Postby gillshutt » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:15 pm

Hi Tigger I was checked for Menieres but don't have it,thankfully although I do have to tinnitus and get vertigo. I know of a few people who have been dxed with it and FM as well.

Gill x
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:12 pm

I used to suffer alot of tinnitus

Since having regular physio around the neck and having regular HOPI CANDLES symptoms are controlled :D
*Lisa*

Postby Arnu » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:12 pm

Yes I have had Tinnitus since my late teens.

Is this connected to FM I'd never given it much thought for a connection before
Arnu
UKFM Member

Postby MISS BUNNYPENNY » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:34 pm

That must be horrible I really do feel for you who have it -only get it temporary when I'm going to have or have a migrane also get it when my oxygen levels drop suddenly, or when I'm about to have a black out I don't think I could cope with it all the time.
coventry brittle kid
I LIKE WALKING IN THE RAIN -NO 1 SEES YOUR TEARS
LORD=keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth....AMEN
Sarcasm-Its beats killing people/
Just when I was getting used to yesterday,along came today.
MISS BUNNYPENNY
UKFM Regular

Postby gillshutt » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:57 pm

PARDON????? Sorry, bad day ear-wise :lol:
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Next

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems