Tinnitus

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby freckles » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:21 pm

i get a high pitch whistle in my ear which comes and goes family think i am mad cos i ask if anyone else can here it.I was just musing on the vertigo strain because i have a real problem when i am at my worst with travelling at speed, i feel a pressure? it feels the same as when i am about to get migraine only difference is it stops when car,bus etc stops, i also get a mushy haed type feeling when i go into a shop with bright lights and if i am pushing trolley (aka leaning on it for surpport) i feel like i am wearing skates and going round corners etc can feel like i am on merry go round . by the way dont worry i dont drive myself had to give up lessons because of all the above.Do you think these are all related? a bit like when your deep in conversation with someone their lips are moving but you really cant concentrate on what they are saying.

Sorry for going on but i actually managed to hold onto a train of thought yippppppeeeeeee
freckles
UKFM Member

Postby andypandy08 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:52 pm

Hi as a sufferer of tinnitus for years I know what your going through

I have only it in one ear although I am partially deaf in both , I suppose over the years I have got used to it and ignore it when it's bed time

I have found my tinnitus is worse when I get a flare up too dunno why

I wear 2 hearing aids and at first it ( 1st one) made my tinnitus worse so they gave me another to balance it out.

also there are tinnitus aids out there that emit the same noise cannot get on with them myself as they make the same noise :roll:
Fibromyalgia does not define me ~ my spirit does. the path may be different,but the journey is still the same
andypandy08
UKFM Member

Postby MCT » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:06 pm

gillshutt wrote:If anyone wants to know what mine sounds like, have a listen to D# on HERE :shock: It's best to use headphones by the way.

Both ears 24/7

Checked to see if I could hear one similar to the noise I get - 12Khz sounds closest. I also have it 24/7 in both ears.

It's worse at night, but this may just be because the males in my life are in their pits and all is nice and peaceful downstairs. :D
http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/FMClinics/

My get up and go just got up and went!!!

As you slide down the bannister of life, may all the splinters be facing in the right direction :)
MCT
UKFM Member

Postby DJ » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:59 pm

Hello Andy, I have Meniere`s Disease, and tinnitus is so much a part of it. Some times I can handle it, but when it makes me sick it is then I get really bad. Because of this and strokes I was told many years ago that I must not drive. DJ.
Laughter does not make you old, its when you stop laughing you start to grow old.
DJ
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:15 pm

Mine is always worse at night, I think it's because there's no background noise to take your mind off it.

The last 2 days I've had really bad tinitus, it's starting to really get on my nerves :( I find myself not bothering to listen to what people are saying because I'm struggling to hear over the noise in my ears... I just can't be fussed to struggle against it :cry:
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby Zinc Oxide » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:18 pm

gillshutt wrote:Mine is always worse at night, I think it's because there's no background noise to take your mind off it.

snip

Yup, same here. I also notice that it gets worse (louder, more noticable) when I have a flare.

I have had Tinitus so long I have come to regard it as normal, it has sort of crept up on me. Sneaky pesty thing.
I don't like pain because it hurts.

I wish I was tough as my cat, she removed her own stiches and never complains of hurts or pains.
Zinc Oxide
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems