RLS ~ Restless leg syndrome

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

RLS ~ Restless leg syndrome

Postby andypandy08 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:48 am

Hi has any one out there suffererd with RLS ? I was suffering really bad with this until recently my GP prescribed me Gabepentin I take 3 times 400 mg a day and hey ho the RLS has almost dissapeared.

As I have been explained Gabepentin is mostly for people with Epilepsy
however is very good with RLS , IF you are having problems then mention this to your GP or rheumatologist.

all the best Andy

:)
andypandy08
UKFM Member

Postby LinzWorld » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:48 pm

I had it badly until I went on pramipexole. Now I don't have it at all.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

RLS

Postby moonbeam » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:52 pm

I have RLS really bad, mostly in the evening/nightime but also have had to stop trying to take the children to the cinema. Just not enough leg room to cope with the jerks and constant need to move my legs. My doc gave me valium for 2 weeks. When I told him how much better I was he just told me I couldnt have it for any longer because of how addictive it was! thanks.
moonbeam
UKFM Member

Postby smoky » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:46 pm

never mind legs; i have all over restlessness; without tetrazapam, which i take every night, I twitch all over face, arms, legs even stomach; I pulled a chest wall muscle last week after a very big twitch. I get this between being awake ans sleep; so any time when i manage to relax.. it was one reason why I eventually went to the doc as hubby said it had got a lot worse
:shock:
smoky
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:03 am

I suffer terribly from RLS unfortunately there is nothing they can give me for it :cry: Mainly due to the fact that it's my hubby who gets RLS and me who gets woken up by it :evil: Perhaps a hammer would help :twisted: :lol:
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby lorikitten » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:39 am

I know this is abit off topic but Im not sure where else to post it... Does anyone else get REALLY itchy feet?.... I can't remember where I read it but apparently some people wit FM do...I do anyway It's very annoying. :(
lorikitten
UKFM Member

Postby andypandy08 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:47 pm

yep itchy feet and hands but that could be down to thyroids as well
my thyroid test was on the high side :?
Fibromyalgia does not define me ~ my spirit does. the path may be different,but the journey is still the same
andypandy08
UKFM Member

Postby MISS BUNNYPENNY » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:57 pm

yes get restless legs and arms would you believe- but has been alot better lately
coventry brittle kid
I LIKE WALKING IN THE RAIN -NO 1 SEES YOUR TEARS
LORD=keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth....AMEN
Sarcasm-Its beats killing people/
Just when I was getting used to yesterday,along came today.
MISS BUNNYPENNY
UKFM Regular

Postby Kompess » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:51 am

Yes I get RLS and restless arms as if I dont know what to do with them.
I also suffer with itching all over :(
My GP gave me Gabapentin but they dont seem to make any difference.
Kompess
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:46 pm

yep i get rls too, it gets worse at night,some nights i just dont know what to do with them.
i itch like mad when i get into bed, i changed all the bedding went and bought new duvets thinking it might be something else, but still itching like mad. :cry:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby lorikitten » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:47 am

I have RLS and now its started in my arms, its so annoying!! :evil:

I get really hot and itch feet and then they'll be absolutley freezing, i don't have any advice for you, sorry, but at least you know your not on your own :)
lorikitten
UKFM Member

Postby Tracy Thomas » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:52 pm

Have suffered for as long as I can remember. Only recently realised there was a name for it always called it my twitchy foot thing. Sometimes I can get regularly (once a week) then sometimes I can go months. Tends to always be at night, it was at its worst in last trimester of my pregnancy four years ago, I had it every night and in both feet, was a nightmare trying to sleep, might have been bad because preganancy hormones soften the ligaments.

Tracy
I would like to upgrade my body to the pain free model - is it really too much to ask?
Tracy Thomas
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:36 pm

I've just started to get this, although sometimes it's restless everything syndrom. Usually it's the muscles in my thighs but sometimes my feet, arms and the other day when I was having a rest it was legs arms and back.. I felt like I was wired in to the mains :cry:
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby MCT » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:21 pm

gillshutt wrote: sometimes it's restless everything syndrom. Usually it's the muscles in my thighs but sometimes my feet, arms and the other day when I was having a rest it was legs arms and back.. I felt like I was wired in to the mains :cry:

Snap!

It has been getting worse these last few weeks - yesterday it was horrendus and it's started again already today. When the muscles aren't jerking they're twitching & I can actually watch my muscles jumping about - thighs, tummy, rib cage area, arms, neck - you name it, it twitches (my left thumb is doing it at the mo!!
http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/FMClinics/

My get up and go just got up and went!!!

As you slide down the bannister of life, may all the splinters be facing in the right direction :)
MCT
UKFM Member

RLS

Postby Sunbeam » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:00 pm

Ive had RLS for 35 years, in my legs, until 2 years ago (about the time i got Fibro). Now its restless everything! From head to toes i twitch fidget,wriggle,jump etc. Only relief is to walk about but when youve got bad Fibro, its almost impossible to walk about as you feel so ill. Only solution i find, is to go to bed and hope you get to sleep quickly.
Its certainly not funny but if anyone saw me, head twitching and legs jumping, they would think i was having a fit, or have Tourettes!

Pramipexole and others gave me seriously bad side effects so am stuck with it.

Its sad so many of us suffer these things, not fatal, not really recognised, but things which take away your quality of life.
Sunbeam
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems