wrist...

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby samantha louise » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:00 pm

good luck lucy
samantha - louise
and my two little wiggles!
xxx

fuddle off... no,... YOU fuddle off!!
samantha louise
UKFM Regular

Re: wrist...

Postby Lucy-Lemon » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:40 pm

just thought i'd say, the hospital appt. was just as useless as i thought it would be :roll: however my consultant did check my thumb/wrist (first time he's actually examined anything!) and said its de quervain tenosynovitis causing the pain.

he wasnt interested in any of my other problems, and i'm going back in July for my next review.

Lucy x
You can't know a horse's heart until you've walked a few miles in his horse shoes.
Lucy-Lemon
UKFM Member

Postby MCT » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:58 pm

Lucy-Lemon wrote: however my consultant did check my thumb/wrist (first time he's actually examined anything!) and said its de quervain tenosynovitis causing the pain.

I have that as well! It started late May last year and I was told it would be ok in around 6 weeks - it's still sore and sometimes I get a dark line along the site of the tendon, almost like a bruise but that only lasts a couple of days at a time. I have a splint to use when it is playing up.
http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/FMClinics/

My get up and go just got up and went!!!

As you slide down the bannister of life, may all the splinters be facing in the right direction :)
MCT
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:10 am

Not another thing to deal with Lucy :cry: is there anything they can do about it? Hope you sort your physio out too ((xx)

Gill x
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby Lucy-Lemon » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:30 pm

gillshutt wrote:Not another thing to deal with Lucy :cry: is there anything they can do about it? Hope you sort your physio out too ((xx)

Gill x

they said they could suggest some exercises for my hand but i'm still waiting :roll:

thanks
Lucy x
You can't know a horse's heart until you've walked a few miles in his horse shoes.
Lucy-Lemon
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:44 pm

Hi Lucy

Sorry you have not really got any help again - you have some spirit girl - so keep going and send you my love
fiona
x
princess
UKFM Regular

Previous

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems