boils.....

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

boils.....

Postby sammi » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:38 pm

hya everyone

Does anyone suffer from boils to the face, neck chest? I seem to either have excessive sweating in these areas or they are really dry and flacky. At the mo ive got 3 large boils to my face which are very painful and look infected. I just wondered if anyone else gets these. I am wondering if i should be tested for thyriod problems as my friend as under active thyroid and she gets boils and cysts. thanx smmi :)
sammi
UKFM Member

Postby Strawberry » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:32 am

Hiya hun i do not get them in those areas but i do get them on my tummy.
I had about 6 last year, i would go to the doctor hun incase they are infected. ((hugs))
Strawberry
UKFM Member

Postby Corinne » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:28 pm

I get them under my armpits & on my bottom :oops: occasionally.

I've never really asked the doctor about them, although I have been meaning too.... they look horrible though & I guess I'm a bit embarrassed. :oops:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Corinne
UKFM Member

Postby princess P » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:05 am

:( I used to get them all the time under my arms and on my bum or groin area its got somthing to do with shaving I have been on doxycycline an antibiotic for about 2 years now. The G.P stopped it for a wee while but they came back so have been on it everyday ever since :!:
Just another dam pill to remember to take; ONLY JOKING i SOON KNOW WHEN I HAVNTN TAKEN MY TABLETS MY BODY KIND OF SCREAMS AT ME :lol:
Hi any one I have a preliminary diagnosis of chronic widespread pain syndrome, whatever that is but g.p. is convinced its F.M. Sending out good vibes to all . x
princess P
UKFM Member

Postby velvet » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:22 am

read this post a couple of days ago and thought nope nothing do with me here!! read it again and realised yes it is - i am intelligent really lol. what i get is "poisonous puss spots" (i have never thought of them as boils not big enough) up my nose!!!! which is the most stupid place i can think of to get spots. they are very very painful, and to get any relief i have to pop them - which leaves raw ulcers. doctors never seem terribly interested in my nose although their are times when i can cope with anything EXCEPT my nose - i have antibiotic cream for if it infects, steroid cream for when i have ulcers and if it gets really bad and the spots go too high up my nose i have learned the delights (not) of "nasal douching"

at the other end i keep getting clusters of tiny blisters on the bottom of my feet that itch like mad - the only way to stop the itching is to pop the blisters. i have shown these to doctors too and they are not remotely interested.
velvet
UKFM Regular

Postby sammi » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:52 am

Thanx You all for your replies went to the docs thurs. Was given antibiotics for the boils have yet another kidney infection! And then he tested me for diabetis :? He said that it can make your skin like mine but i havent got it thank god! :( sammi
sammi
UKFM Member

Re: boils.....

Postby Mygel2 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:34 pm

Hi all,
New here but looking through these forums this particular post jumped out at me. For those of you with recurrent boils/lumps in the groin/genital/underarms/tummy areas check out hidradenitis suppurativa. A little known and due to embarrassment factor, hidden illeness.

http://www.dailystrength.org/c/Hidraden ... port-group
http://www.britishskinfoundation.org.uk ... spx?id=458
http://www.hs-foundation.org/

Cheers
Mygel xxx
Mygel2
UKFM Newbie

Postby smiler22 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:30 pm

i also get them in . have been tested for diabetes and was clear. so i think it is another thing us fm sufferers get. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Last edited by smiler22 on Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
live life to the full as life is what you make itxx
smiler22
UKFM Regular

Postby Doughnut » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:03 pm

Hi All

My doctor said that I have hidradenitis suppurativa I have had 4 under my arm where my bra lies, two on my boobies :oops: one of which is the size at the moment of a £2 coin! One on my bum and a couple on my lady flower :lol:. I am at the moment on a long course of Lymecycline but they do get better and go, my GP said they are probably due to being so run down.

Doughnut

Sorry if I have put TMI! lol
Doughnut
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:16 pm

No boils but bad acne caused by the medication tramadol.
but i need the pain relief so ill put up with the spots even at my age.
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:27 pm

had to be rushed into theatre to have one drained, they crohns caused mine, never felt pain like it, i came out of theatre in so much pain i was shaking...that brings back horrid memory's, i could not sit for a week..lol..painful
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Mygel2 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:45 pm

If you do suffer from hidradenitis or unexplained boils try taking tumeric capsules (from any health food stores). It really helps mine.
All the best xxx
Mygel2
UKFM Newbie

Postby princess » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:49 pm

[quote="Mygel2"]If you do suffer from hidradenitis or unexplained boils try taking tumeric capsules (from any health food stores). It really helps mine.
All the best xxx[/quote]

do you think that would help acne?
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby Mygel2 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:57 am

Hi Princess,
Don't know if it would work for acne but I can't imagine it doing any harm after all it is only a spice which is used in cooking. If you take the capsules you would be taking alot more than you would if it was in food but thats all.
Why not try it, you never know! You could discover a great new treatment for acne, lol.
Good luck x

ps. I was in a health food store a few weeks ago and someone suggested something called AC11 made by Solgar which is apparentely good for acne (she thought it may work for my boils) but I can't say yay or nay to that and it is expensive.
Mygel2
UKFM Newbie

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems