does anyone have problems with the throat

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

does anyone have problems with the throat

Postby jeannie45 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:52 pm

i find at times that my throat seems to close and find it hard to swallow even water ,it feels tight and hurts,and it could be gone the next day ,theres no patten to it ,it comes and goes :) :)
just because i have fms ,its still me inside
jeannie45
UKFM Member

Postby sammi » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:09 pm

Hya Jean

My throat is alwways sore and dry after sleeping my tongue is always stuck to the roof of my mouth. I do think this is the amytrptiline though. Sometimes eating sharp foods eg crisps, crusty bread hurts.

:) sammi
sammi
UKFM Member

Postby star » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:35 pm

I suffer from a dry mouth, swollen tongue, ulcers inside my cheeks and a gum abscess which varies in size. (Call me 'Lucky')
However, unlikely as it seems, for some miraculous reason, I don't take sore throats.
I know Difflam is a good gargle for throat infections. It also has a pretty good local anaesthetic in it too. Its worth a try and can be bought over the counter.
Hope you find something that helps. Good luck.
Learn to live in the world with hope, love and peace but do not let the rest of the world live too much in you. Take time to enjoy your own company and be your own best friend for life.
star
UKFM Member

Postby andypandy08 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:13 am

Dry throat all the time possibly from ami pluss other meds
do get a sore mouth sometimes

fibro is bad enough without the meds making it worse :(

like others i take a cold drink too bed
Fibromyalgia does not define me ~ my spirit does. the path may be different,but the journey is still the same
andypandy08
UKFM Member

does anyone have throat

Postby jeannie45 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:21 pm

thanks for all your replys ,it seems like most of us have problems with our thoats one way or other ,we cant get away with any thing can we, :) :)
just because i have fms ,its still me inside
jeannie45
UKFM Member

throat

Postby princess » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:04 pm

Yes i have problems with a sore dry throat - but i think its my medication at night giving me a really dry throat.
So i take a drink with me to bed - usually Iron Bru hahahaha
However before i relapse i get one hell of a sore throat - thats your immune system struggling i was told.
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby MeowsAtNight » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:24 pm

If you have Myofascial Pain syndrome with your Fibro, there's a good chance the fascia is acting up in the throat area, causing a constriction. However, this type of symptom should always be reported to your doctor, as thyroid problems and other things can also create this feeling.
MeowsAtNight

Good remedy for sore throat

Postby tiny clanger » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:27 pm

Hi yep get sore throats all the time and have tried loads of conventional stuff... what works the very best though is a teaspoon of dried sage in an inch of boiling water, let the water cool, sieve off the sage and gargle. It doesnt taste too bad, a bit like stuffing! and it really does seem to help
Take care
tiny clanger
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems