Cramping in arms at night

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Cramping in arms at night

Postby Strawberry » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:12 pm

Hiya lads and lasses

I was wondering if any of you have this problem like me.
I woke up at 4am this morning with cramp in the top of my right arm and the muscle was as tense as anything. My first thought was i had probably been lying on it but when i woke up i was on my back :? I tell ya it hurt like hell. I had to get up eventually and get a heat pack and take some pain killers. I am having really bad sleeps at the moment always waking up with pain somewhere i feel as though things are getting worse :(

Thanks for listening

Suze
xxxxxxxxxxx
Strawberry
UKFM Member

Postby sunnydee » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:52 pm

Hi Suze, just wanted to say I am a 'Suze' too :D Is it short for Suzanne/Susan?

I get cramp often in my toes, it;s very painful. I use heat and rub them x
sunnydee
UKFM Member

Postby tiny clanger » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:39 am

Hi Suze
yep I often wake up with cramp in my legs, arms or neck, also I find that my arms sometimes feel numb or if there is a real pulling feeling in the muscles, which also wakes me up. Its annoying and weird but seems to be quite a common problem for a lot of people. Also get a lot of pins and needles in my hands and feet. Hope this helps
Kay x
tiny clanger
UKFM Member

Postby Kayzee » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:24 am

I get problems with my limbs too, like pulling feelings, deep muscle ache, pins/needles and nervy pain. I use heat pads and bottles and wee pillows under my arms at times when they are sore against the mattress. I also sleep on top of the bed sometimes as the weight / feeling of the duvet on top seems to make the pain worse.
Kayzee
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:23 pm

Yes i get arms and legs cramps during the night - thats why i had my trammies upped.
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby Lisa21 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:46 pm

I also often get cramp pains in my legs at night. It really hurts and causes the whole leg to hurt for quite a while through the rest of the day or days afterwards. :?
Lisa21
UKFM Member

Postby lorikitten » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:49 pm

I dont get cramp but i do find that if i move too quickly from sitting (or whatever position ive been in for a while) my arms/legs seize up , like locking elbows or knees. Weird
lorikitten
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems