mytral valve prolapse

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

mytral valve prolapse

Postby princess » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:40 pm

Does anyone else have Mytral Valve Prolapse?

My Dr keeps talking about an operation, but that i am not in a body fitness to have it.
I didnt have a clue i had it untill i saw the Dr in Rhumatology who says i have had this since birth as its a heart defect.

I disagree as i have had 6 baby losses and 13 operations and they never found it then.

I really think this happened with the virus that started my illness where i was bedded for months with pain in body that they couldnt diagnose. Had all the usual glandular, rheumatic etc., blood tests all ok

I have heart palpitations for no reason, even resting my heart can go nuts fo no reason and a little lightheaded at the same time - so they gave me a echo/ultra scan and right enough one of the flaps is turned outward and the others are ok.

Anyone else suffering.
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby Corinne » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:51 pm

I have read that Mitral Valve Prolapse is linked to both Fibro & Migraines.

There was a study/trial a while back to see if repairing it eased migraines as apparently its quite a common defect, that many people wont know they have.

They were checking severe migraine sufferers for the defect & if they had it it was repaired, but I'm afraid I dont know the outcome of the study.

I'll try & track it down, but dont hold your breath I cant even remember where I saw it! :roll:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Corinne
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:25 pm

Corinne was that not Patent Ductus Arteriousus that had the migraine problem - reason being that my daughter has both and they say if they do the op on her she will be rid of the migraines for life.

Mine is a different thing its a malformed part of the valve!
princess
UKFM Regular

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems