Twitching legs

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Twitching legs

Postby andypandy08 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:57 pm

Hi all for the last week or so I have noticed I have been getting like twitching in one of my legs , is this common ?

bit like when you get a nervous twitch in your eye but I get this in my leg

any advice it would be appreciated .... Drew
Fibromyalgia does not define me ~ my spirit does. the path may be different,but the journey is still the same
andypandy08
UKFM Member

Postby smoky » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:19 pm

is it not an extension of the restless legs syndrome? i get it when ever i am in a relaxed state and can twitch not only in my legs but everywhere on a bad day
smoky
UKFM Member

Postby Corinne » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:30 pm

I get them all over my body to some degree, more in my legs though.

They are annoying, but at least they are not painfull! Sometimes it can carry on for what seems like ages, or just keep happening on & off. :roll:

Sometimes rubbing it firmly eases it- or sometimes bizarrely enough, if I try to watch the twitch happen, it stops :? don't know why!

So if it helps, you're certainly not alone with it :roll:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Corinne
UKFM Member

twitch

Postby princess » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:42 pm

Mot annoying when you are just about to go to sleep and your body twitches!
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby smoky » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:44 pm

I agree; also for hubby when he moves in for a cuddle in the morning and he cant contain me for twitching! :oops:
smoky
UKFM Member

Postby lorikitten » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:44 pm

Hi, i always get leg twitches, my doctor says its "restless legs syndrome" which i have a "side" condition due to fibromyalgia. Both my legs have twitched for as long as i can remember (which isn't very long to be honest :lol: ) but i find that standing for afew moments at a time helps, though not foor very long. My husband massages my calves this seems to help alot more
lorikitten
UKFM Member

Postby LinzWorld » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:02 pm

Both RLS and Fibro have a connection to low dopamine levels. Some people with Fibro respond well to meds that boost dopamine - I'm on a med that's specifically licensed for RLS and it works on my Fibro too.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby lorikitten » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:39 pm

Aswell as painkillers im taking 40mg of Fluoxetine which are anti-depressents, not only to treat depression but they contain something that helps ease my pain (apparently) but they are supposed to help my fatigue too. They dont work for long but as a bonus they seem to ease my RLS at the same time, at least i get some rest from it. :P
lorikitten
UKFM Member

Postby andypandy08 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:52 am

well I take 1200MG of Gabapentin a day seems to help then got this problem

not so much like RLS more like a nervous twitch .... If I was a car I would not pass my M.O.T. lol
Fibromyalgia does not define me ~ my spirit does. the path may be different,but the journey is still the same
andypandy08
UKFM Member

Postby smoky » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:30 pm

ooh i take 20mg of fluoxetine but it doesnt stop me twitching or the pain..
smoky
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:10 pm

i twitch sometimes, Dave is much worse, every time he starts to relax his whole body starts twitching, even his face muscles twitch, i do laugh at him as he does pull some funny faces...bless..lol.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby MCT » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:28 pm

I've been doing a lot of twitching and jerking about recently - seems to be getting worse. Sometimes it is just an area of muscles twitching (you can actually see them jumping about) at other times it as though I've been hooked up to the mains! It seems quite random, it doesn't just happen when I settle down for the night it can happen at any time of the day or night.

I am fed up with it all and my husband keeps giving me funny looks. Glad I don't have a social life cos people would be staring at me with all the jumping about my arms, legs and body do.
http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/FMClinics/

My get up and go just got up and went!!!

As you slide down the bannister of life, may all the splinters be facing in the right direction :)
MCT
UKFM Member

Postby joanypops » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:24 pm

I have terrible twitching worse at night. As soon as i start to relax in bed it starts and sometimes my whole body jerks. Its got so bad recently i have had to go into the spare room as i keep my OH awake. How much more is this flaming condition going to take away from me. :cry:
joanypops
UKFM Member

Postby andypandy08a » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:38 pm

I think as I was told this is a lot to do with the central nervous system

so not your fault I spend 75% of my time sleeping downstairs

so know how you feel , not much fun but it's not my GF's problem

it's mine so why should she suffer

fibro hugs all ..... DreW
andypandy08a
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems