Diabetic

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Diabetic

Postby princess » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:53 pm

Years ago when i managed to go to Australia and stayed with my diabetic cousin, she said i ate like a Diabetic and i sometimes i just long for chocolate or sugar - makes me feel better.
Anyway re our illness she has it too - so i went to her Dr and he said i was a diabetic - but when he did the blood test i was clear.
Anyone else need sugar?
and when i eat too much i feel really sick.
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby Corinne » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:02 am

Apparently fluctuating blood sugar levels (hypoglycemia-sp?) are a part of fibro.
I often crave sugar, but too much will give me a splitting headache & make me very thirsty.
I have been tested for diabetes repeatedly because of these symptoms

Eating low GI foods to keep your blood sugar stable helps, but its hard to really stick to it :roll:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Corinne
UKFM Member

Postby smoky » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:34 pm

again, very interesting; i have just recently been retested for diabetes after several hypoglycaemic attacks; sweating shaking and even nausea last time; i have had this since a chld especially if i was un well; however it has got a lot worse recently;the test came back negative
smoky
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:16 pm

My Dr keeps taking my thyroid and diabetic tests, but they always come back negative.

And WHOPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE My BP was normal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - its taken 2 years and medication but its normal so now just to get the colestral down a bitty.

Am so happy today and slept well last night exhausted after having grand daughter to stay for 3 days.
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby Fog woman » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:51 pm

As far back as I can remember I have had sugar cravings. When I'm very tired there is nothing better than a sugar fix.
Fog woman
UKFM Member

Postby MCT » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:10 pm

It's not just sugar/chocolate cravings I get carbohydrate cravings in general - especially my homemade bread rolls :D

I also get the shakes, dizziness, sweats etc, last time it happened when my diabetic friend was with me she took my blood sugar level - it was 2.4 :shock:

I mentioned to my GP how tired I've been lately (practically comatose some days) and I ended up having yet another set of bloods done today.
http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/FMClinics/

My get up and go just got up and went!!!

As you slide down the bannister of life, may all the splinters be facing in the right direction :)
MCT
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems