Nose bleeds

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Nose bleeds

Postby hitbyabus » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:29 pm

Hi everyone,
I was wondering if anyone gets alot of nose bleeds?
I was woken out of my 1st hour of sleep at 3am choking on my own blood, by the time my arms and legs were working to get me out of bed and in to the bathroom i had blood everywhere, and about 2 hours ago i had another one.
Could this be due to my FM or could it be something else?

Thanks everyone

Emma x
hitbyabus
UKFM Member

Postby LinzWorld » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:08 pm

Please see your doctor as this isn't a normal FIbro symptom and any new or undiscussed symptom should be run by your doctor. Some meds used for Fibro may increase the chance of abnormal bleeding, as could other conditions.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby hitbyabus » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:13 pm

thanks hun, i had 2 nose bleeds in december and spoke to the gp and he just gave me some cream to put up my nose. I'll ask again when i go tuseday.
My boyfriend accused me of picking my nose :shock: i wasn't though.
hitbyabus
UKFM Member

Postby MCT » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:48 pm

I also get the odd unexplained nosebleed from time to time - had a few last month in fact. The first one lasted about 20 minutes all I could taste for ages afterwards was blood. If I sneezed that was it all over again but they weren't as bad as the first and then after a few days they stopped completely.
http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/FMClinics/

My get up and go just got up and went!!!

As you slide down the bannister of life, may all the splinters be facing in the right direction :)
MCT
UKFM Member

Postby hitbyabus » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:54 pm

number 3 has just started
hitbyabus
UKFM Member

Postby groovy_chick » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:26 am

Hi,

I would get that checked out but as was said before some meds (i.e. ami or even gaba) can cause nosebleeds as they dry out your nose/mouth, plus currently with the heating on and going in and out of cold air doesn't help. Equally if you suffer from allergies and use any nose spray containing steroids that would also cause nose bleeds.
Sometimes you can also get a nosebleed if there is infection in the nasal cavity for which you will be then given a cream.
Hope that makes sense.
Nuts on the road! nim nim nim
groovy_chick
UKFM Member

Postby hitbyabus » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:04 pm

i had a 4th nose bleed at midnight, then couldn't sleep as i thought i might have another one and choke on my blood.

Groovy Chick i think it could be the Gabapentin i've been on it 2 weeks wednesday, i'm seeing the gp tomorrow so i'll get it checked out.

Thanks for the advise xxx
hitbyabus
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems