contact lenses anyone

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

contact lenses anyone

Postby freckles » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:49 pm

I have been a contact lens wearer for over 23 years but since falling foul of fm and particuly flare ups i find my eyes are very saw and they get light sensative,weep continuously. my gp has ruled out infection. i was wondering if anyone else has this problem.?
freckles
UKFM Member

Postby velvet » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:20 am

i did try daily contact lenses a couple of years ago and they were ok but after a couple of hours my eyes felt tired and gritty and i could never wear them for a whole day. i used to use them for horse riding and that was about it and when i had to have another eye test before getting a new supply i didnt bother.
velvet
UKFM Regular

Postby MCT » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:55 pm

I had them for a while but my eyes seemed to get very dry very quickly. I often felt like I had sand in my eyes and would have to take them out cos they were so uncomfortable.
http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/FMClinics/

My get up and go just got up and went!!!

As you slide down the bannister of life, may all the splinters be facing in the right direction :)
MCT
UKFM Member

Postby freckles » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:37 pm

thanks for replies i am now wearing mine less and less, i wonder if the muscles in your eyes are affected by fm and thats the reason for discomfort?
freckles
UKFM Member

Postby Kayzee » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:59 am

my optician says the muscles in the eyes are affected due to the tiredness. I use disposable lenses but not very often and I use visco tears to stop them getting so raw and sore feeling.
Kayzee
UKFM Member

Postby gilly54 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:41 pm

I tried them a few years ago and couldn't stand them. My eyes dried out too fast and felt gritty, sore. I got them stuck a couple of times when I was taking them out and ended up back at the optician to get them out :oops: gave up after that. I really fancied the idea of being able to wear nice, modern sunglasses adn still being able to see ( blind as a bat) never mind, think of the money I'll save buying all those posh shades :wink:
gilly54
UKFM Member

Re: contact lenses anyone

Postby samantha louise » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:51 pm

i have found ths and have since gone back to glasses.... think its the meds..... i was on ami
samantha - louise
and my two little wiggles!
xxx

fuddle off... no,... YOU fuddle off!!
samantha louise
UKFM Regular

Re: contact lenses anyone

Postby gilly54 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:50 pm

Same here. I'd always wanted to wear contacts instead of glasses and as I've got older, my eyes have gotten worse. I need prescription lens in my sunglasses now or I'm blind as a bat! So thought contacts would be great as I could then wear nice, snazzy shades. big mistake! I ended up with very sore eyes and had to give up on them :roll:
I can't wear eye make-up either as my eyes have become so sensitive.
gilly54
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems