feeling cold

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

feeling cold

Postby motherelephant » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:15 pm

does anyone suffer with feelijg xtremely cold even though they are indoors wearing several layers central heating on and sometimes fire as well; very often i feel chilled right through to the bone.
Like sunshine in the morning, may this brighten up your day and show you that you're thought of in a warm and loving way.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Postby freckles » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:55 pm

yes my inner thermostat can never decide, one minute i so cold no matter how many layers i have on and next i am so hot i feel like i will combust,i hate the night sweats most poor hubby forever soaked, bless him must be like sleeping with wet fish,
My hands and feet go white when im cold,and look like there is no blood in them especially feet .
freckles
UKFM Member

feeling cold

Postby motherelephant » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:11 pm

i never realised the sweats were to do with fibro thought it was just the menopause. i get sweats in the morning even though im cold, thinking back i had night sweats years ago.
Like sunshine in the morning, may this brighten up your day and show you that you're thought of in a warm and loving way.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Postby andypandy08 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:36 pm

I feel cold all the time hun ...like someones just walked
over my grave lol

maybe with me Im on blood thinners for my ol heart
not sure , but have been like this for the past 2-3 weeks and
on heart meds for about 1 year

maybe something to do with heat / cold intolerance
I think ... though the fog I started a thread about this somewhere

oh god milk in the cupboard and sugar in the fridge again
I'm losing the plot :?
Fibromyalgia does not define me ~ my spirit does. the path may be different,but the journey is still the same
andypandy08
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:39 pm

Hypothalamus is upset with this illness - so our internal termostat dosent work well - thats the reason.
fiona
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby cat123 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:32 am

Thats a big word for you princess!! hey im allways cold to the bone,my hubby thinks ive died in the night!!im that cold im having yet more tests for circulation,probs. it was tested years ago,when i first started with fibro,at least 20 years ago,at the time the pulse in my arms were differant how weird is that,dr has put me on new tabs today to see if it improves my contant pain in my legs.when i had that hydro pool treatment late last year,this pain in my legs dissapeared....cat
cat123
UKFM Member

feeling cold

Postby motherelephant » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:59 am

first goodmorning or is it feeling pretty sore this morning. dreading going into work but must be done as there is only me and my husband running the shop . that is really interesting princess will research into it thanks. motherelephant.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Postby velvet » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:19 am

every year we have the gas checked or need a plumber for anything else they look at my water thermostat and promptly tell me it is too hot, i am wasting energy heating my water that hot, and is is dangerous as it could scold a baby or very young child. i point out i dont have a very young child or baby and explain that when i get cold it can take an hour and a half and 3 bathfulls of hot water with no cold added to get me back to a normal temperature - they are not turning my water down!!
velvet
UKFM Regular

Postby MISS BUNNYPENNY » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:42 am

I'm always seem to be opposite to others when there cold I'm hot or when there hot I'm cold. On a hot day I can't sit outside without my arms being covered as I get extremely cold.
coventry brittle kid
I LIKE WALKING IN THE RAIN -NO 1 SEES YOUR TEARS
LORD=keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth....AMEN
Sarcasm-Its beats killing people/
Just when I was getting used to yesterday,along came today.
MISS BUNNYPENNY
UKFM Regular

Postby Kayzee » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:57 am

I get extremely cold too, to the point I either have to sit almost on top of a heater, use lots of wheat bags, hot water bottles or sit in a hot bath for a while and yes it feels like chilled to the bone, its awful. I get night sweats too.
Kayzee
UKFM Member

Postby gilly54 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:46 pm

I feel freezing cold for ages then all of a sudden I get a boil up and want to go and sit in the fridge. I must spend half the day putting on/taking off jumpers LOL maybe I should get a job as a stripper

:shock: no, maybe not, too frightening ( for others :lol: )
gilly54
UKFM Member

cant have baths

Postby motherelephant » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:01 pm

I have found that baths make me worse pain wise . maybe its struggling to get my overweight body out of the bath. sometimes it would be so nice to soak in a lovely warm bubble bath. when the fatigue is bad which is often i struggle so much to lift my arms to wash my hair or bending forward to get washed as i go dizzy. somehow a warm bath makes me much stiffer the following day and it also makes the fatigue worse. so showers it is and when i have so little energy i cant shower its dry shampoo .

motherelephant
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Postby freckles » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:53 pm

i also have extra pains after baths but have put it down to sitting on the hard bottom, the baths not mine. and trying to haul myself out without wrist shoulders arms ankles back etc etv hurting.
freckles
UKFM Member

Postby motherelephant » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:06 pm

with all the extra padding i have on my bottom ha ha that shouldnt be a problem.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Postby MCT » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:28 pm

I can be feeling really cold but still be sweating profusely, underarms are the worst and antiperspirants seem useless. I can be warm yet have 2 cold feet, one cold hand (right one) and a very cold nose :?

I also get night sweats but that could just be hormone levels.
http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/FMClinics/

My get up and go just got up and went!!!

As you slide down the bannister of life, may all the splinters be facing in the right direction :)
MCT
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems