ARTHRITIS OF THE NECK – CERVICAL SPONDYLOSIS

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: ARTHRITIS OF THE NECK – CERVICAL SPONDYLOSIS

Postby edylag » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:26 pm

Hi everyone, am new in here and have so far enjoyed the posts i have read. I was told by my Gp that i have cervical spondylosis initially, and after my mri scan and an appointment with an orthopaedic doc. he explained that although there is a disc degeneration and a minor disc bulge, that it should not cause such pains that i have. Now my GP has refrained from including cervical spondylosis as an illness that i suffer. can someone advise me please :(
edylag
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:29 pm

I also have cervical spondylosis and was told it explained the symptoms on the left but not the right, my GP doesnt include it when making a list of all my issues but puts down 'neck pain' as he says with the FM etc, you couldnt seperate the pain, nothing was going to be done so forget it basically. So I'm really sorry I cant offer you any useful advice as I've never been given any :(
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby lynn22 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:56 pm

Hi, I have the same, near the top of the neck, at times it feels like someone is digging hot wires into my spine, sorry don't know much that can help but find a hot bath sometimes takes the sting out.
lynn22
UKFM Member

Postby Adele » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:09 pm

i have mild cervical spondylosis and other neck injuries. it FEELS like severe spondy because of the fibro. it is sooo painful but because it doesn't look very bad on the scan i get no treatment for it.

happy days, adele
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby tonydin » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:34 pm

hi im like adel here i have mild probs show on mri but feels like someones trying to cut of my head with a blunt chian saw :swear1: :swear1:
tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:08 pm

What are the other neck problems you have Adele?? Is it anything like a sublux with fracture??
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Previous

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems