ibs

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

ibs

Postby samantha louise » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:53 am

i think i may have ibs i am constanly bloated with horrendous stomach cramps and i suffer from dhiohheah and severe constipation. what tetsts do they do to doagnose ibs??????
samantha - louise
and my two little wiggles!
xxx

fuddle off... no,... YOU fuddle off!!
samantha louise
UKFM Regular

Postby derekh » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:04 pm

i have ibs too its a symptom of this delightful illness but ive never had a test for it just told gp my symptoms .ive got to really be careful what i eat and drink so cant really eat what i like if i do i suffer after hope this helps
derekh
UKFM Member

Postby cat123 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:14 pm

hi there ive never had tests either,gp just told me.I take manavac,at least twice a week,and mini enermas when i cant go at all.whatever i eat has never changed things,dr will tell you to eat more fibre,and drink plenty of water............cat
cat123
UKFM Member

Postby Strawberry » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:20 pm

I have just recently been diagnosed with IBS & after some blood tests and also a flexible sigmoidoscopy to know for certain it was this and not something more serious like cancer or ulcerative colitis. Also hun keep a diary of what you eat and also days you have pain and take it to the gp and they should start testing you for it hun by ruling out other things.
Good luck hun andyou know where i am if you need yo chat.
Strawberry
UKFM Member

Postby Corinne » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:30 pm

I had similar symptoms for you & after going back & forth to the GP & having them take a stool sample (yuk) which was clear- I eventually had a camera inserted to check for ulcerative colitis, cancer etc & it was all clear so they diagnosed IBS. I think I may have had a blood test for crohns & coleac disease as well but I cant remember :roll:

Its mostly diagnosed by symptoms & eliminating other possibilties like infections.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Corinne
UKFM Member

Postby smoky » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:20 pm

hi
i have ibs but apart from chilli, mine is expressly triggered by stress; For instance mast w/end my oh managed to embed a digger on our land. My Body's immediate reaction was to give me an ibs attack so bad as to double me up; this time it was so bad i was blaoted, had diarrhoea and was nauseous... such fun!
smoky
UKFM Member

Postby motherelephant » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:28 pm

is there no end to the things this crazy illness throws at us,mine only gets bad when im really stressed.
Like sunshine in the morning, may this brighten up your day and show you that you're thought of in a warm and loving way.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Postby Zinc Oxide » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:18 pm

It costs me a fortune in toilet cleaner. :shock: :lol:
I don't like pain because it hurts.

I wish I was tough as my cat, she removed her own stiches and never complains of hurts or pains.
Zinc Oxide
UKFM Member

Postby motherelephant » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:18 pm

there is a really good cleaner from one of the big supermarkets not sure if im allowed to mention there name it only costs 29 pence a bottle and is really good
Like sunshine in the morning, may this brighten up your day and show you that you're thought of in a warm and loving way.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

thanks

Postby samantha louise » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:56 am

thanks ill mention it next time i go to the docs
samantha - louise
and my two little wiggles!
xxx

fuddle off... no,... YOU fuddle off!!
samantha louise
UKFM Regular

bleeding

Postby anne1206 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:49 pm

sorry about the delicate subject, but apart from being really scared I wondered if anyone else suffered this.

I have had a slight bleed from back passage when constipated, but nothing when the runs come :oops: now for the last week I am bleeding every time I go to toilet, even when only going for a wee there is blood from back passage :oops:
Went to docs on monday and he has referred me for a colonoscopy, but today went out for lunch with a friend and after visiting toilet had to be brought home in a taxi, felt very faint and went chalk white, hubby thinks this was because of blood loss which is now not just a drop but looks like a massacre has occured in pan.(sorry) No pain involved in any of this apart from the usual IBS rumbles

Thanks Anne
durate et vosmet rebus servate secundis///>Carry on and preserve yourselves for better times
anne1206
UKFM Member

Postby cat123 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:04 pm

Hi anne,ive been like this at times,it may be inturnal piles,they can bleed like this,try not to worry,ibs is a pain in the ass..............cat
cat123
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:07 pm

Yip had that off and on you can get a cream over the counter - that you insert and it helps.
Preperation H - or something similar will help you.
As Dr says just try and eat plenty of fruit and that should help you.
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby princess » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:08 pm

[quote="cat123"]Hi anne,ive been like this at times,it may be inturnal piles,they can bleed like this,try not to worry,ibs is a pain in the ass..............cat[/quote]

Very witty Cat - pain in the arse!!!! :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby motherelephant » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:19 pm

hi anna this might sound daft but do you have any kids. with my fist i had to be cut during labour now if ever i get constipated i get a bleed , its from the sight where i was cut proberbly a weak area . the pressure of constapation re opens the wound.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Next

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems