ibs

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby princess » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:37 pm

Colifac - isnt that what the Dr prescribes? - i seem to have amemory of getting that years ago or peppermint tablets.

U used to be able to get Peppermint water from your chemist - not sure if they still do that - but it helps with the wind associated with IBS
princess
UKFM Regular

Re: bleeding

Postby Zinc Oxide » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:18 pm

anne1206 wrote:sorry about the delicate subject, but apart from being really scared I wondered if anyone else suffered this.

snip
Thanks Anne

I have had these sort of problems for years, they have also made me very scared, but if there was anything wrong I am sure I would be dead by now.

Still it does make sense (more courage than I have) to get things checked out, just in case.

David
I don't like pain because it hurts.

I wish I was tough as my cat, she removed her own stiches and never complains of hurts or pains.
Zinc Oxide
UKFM Member

Postby Lou » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:55 pm

Hello Zinc Oxide and everyone else

I have IBS as well, have had camera and barium enema to check for cancer or colitis. Felt like a ventriloquist's dummy at times! Anyway, if you are very constipated and have to strain you can end up with anal fissures which cause extreme pain and bleeding, has made me faint in the past!

Like others have said, drink loads of water and eat plenty of veg... There is an ointment called Proctosedyl that you can get from the GP which helps with piles and fissures.

As if FM wasn't enough of a pain! :roll:

Best wishes

Lou
Lou
UKFM Member

Re: ibs

Postby cat123 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:32 am

Ive had ibs for ever!have you ever had,microlax? they are very small enemas.an absolute godsend when you are urmmm,totally stuck!!I also take manavac.These mini enemas,come in a small tube about 3 inces long,which you insert in the jacksie,after about 5 mins or so,they start working,the longer you hold back before trying to go ,the better they work.You can also get a type of serpositary,these dident work for me though.One tip here is,these mini enermas,work better if you have previously taken something to help you go ,before useing them.In other words they are for impacted bowels..........cat123
cat123
UKFM Member

Re: ibs

Postby princess P » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:36 am

I suffer from really bad constipation i take max strenth senna and lactulose and i still dont go for about 4 days. B4 i had my kids i used to go 2 times a day..... its crappy cos i get so bloated and windy :oops: I think its time to try somthing else, i also drink pepermint tea cos its supposed to help with digestion.
Hi any one I have a preliminary diagnosis of chronic widespread pain syndrome, whatever that is but g.p. is convinced its F.M. Sending out good vibes to all . x
princess P
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems