crohns anyone?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

crohns anyone?

Postby shazq » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:05 pm

does anyone else have crohns?
i use a crohns forum, i have noticed that there are a few people who have fibro and crohns. having just one illnes is hard to bare at times but having both is really hard some days, there are days when all i want to do is just lay still but if i am on a chrohn`s flair i could be needing the loo up to 9 times a day.i should be in my prime time in life but feel like i am stuck in a 80`s yrs old body. :roll:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Corinne » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:34 pm

Sorry I dont know if anyone here has Crohn's, but many of us suffer with severe IBS & I know that some of the symptoms can be similar.

I can certainly relate to the running backwards & forwards to the loo :roll: which is the last thing you need when you are exhausted & in pain anyway :(

My IBS has settled down at he moment, but a few years ago I was practically housebound because I would have "accidents" :oops: after that happened a couple of times (luckily fairly near home & no-one was about) I would have panic attacks that I'd have another one in a public place, which would trigger the IBS anyway- vicious circle :roll:

My Fibro (undiagnosed at that time) was mild then & I hated being so restricted- my entire life was planned around toilets! :lol:

Corinne x
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Corinne
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:34 pm

My best friend has had Chrons for many years and has just had a huge operation - she has a bag now, and im going to see her tomorrow for the first time since her operation.
She was bedridden, wasnt eating and looked like death warmed up, there was no more medication working.
So even at the worst with Chrons you can have a life.
I know its a dreadful illness and i send you a () gentle hug

princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:04 pm

princess wrote:My best friend has had Chrons for many years and has just had a huge operation - she has a bag now, and im going to see her tomorrow for the first time since her operation.
She was bedridden, wasnt eating and looked like death warmed up, there was no more medication working.
So even at the worst with Chrons you can have a life.
I know its a dreadful illness and i send you a () gentle hug

princess

thanks princess.
i have had 3 ops for my crohns, i had to have a emergency stoma (bag) had it reversed 6 months later, the crohns always come back. got septicemia twice and was kept in for 4 weeks .
hope your friend recovers without any problems.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems