endometriosis and fibro

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

endometriosis and fibro

Postby shrimp » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:25 pm

hi

has anyone else out there got endo and fibro

guys - sorry, this wont apply to you - endo is a ladies condition....

shrimp xxx
shrimp
UKFM Member

Postby lorikitten » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:30 pm

I've not heard ofthis before but the symptoms sound all but too familier :?
lorikitten
UKFM Member

Postby helen virgo » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:54 pm

Hi Shrimp

I have endometriosis as well as the FM. The endo was diagnosed in my late twenties and I have had a few laporoscopys to try and remove the adhesions but I still have horrendously heavy periods and terrible cramps.
helen virgo
UKFM Member

Postby shrimp » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:52 pm

hi helen

sorry to hear you also suffer endo as well as fibro.....how do you cope with both...do you work?..do you have children?
i was diagnosed 14 years ago - had my 6th lap last month and got to see surgeon again next month to talk more surgery as my bowel is totally glued to pouch of douglas.......endo flared up really bad since c section to delivery twins in feb 07 and then all fibro stuff started then as well......

do you take any meds for endo?

i take upto 8 cocodamol 30/500, upto 10 diclofenic, and now take one 10mg a night amitrip for fibro.......

would be nice to keep in contact and help each other?

shrimp xxx
shrimp
UKFM Member

hi

Postby samantha louise » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:34 pm

hi, i have endo, never thought it could be connected to fibro but now you say it its been staring me in the face!!!!

i was diagniosed with endo 5 months ago after suffering for years with horrendous periods etc etc, cramps and all the rest of it
samantha - louise
and my two little wiggles!
xxx

fuddle off... no,... YOU fuddle off!!
samantha louise
UKFM Regular

Postby gillshutt » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:47 pm

Endometriosis isn't connected to fibro as it is a problem with edometrial cells being deposited outside the uterus. However I would think it possible that you could be dxed with endometriosis if it's nt looked into properly and no tests done when it could in fact be FM pain causing the problem.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby samantha louise » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:42 am

i had the sypmoms of endo for years and just thought it was bad periods ect then i ended up in hospital for two weeks. its amazing what they do when you collapse!!
samantha - louise
xxx

samantha louise
UKFM Regular

Postby cat123 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:48 am

Im sure i read somewhere about a connection with endo and fibro,i had it for years before i ended up having a histerexomy due entirely to endometriitus.I had the operation 3 years ago.Im no dr,but if there is muscle wall anywhere near where these cells grow,or any other muscle,surely it can affect fibro?after my op.the dr told me my insides were covered in endo,or cells,which he said,he had to very carefully remove.As far as im concerned i have a a lot less stomack pain and very heavy periods.Im glad now, this op was done,lifes a little easyier...........cat123
cat123
UKFM Member

Postby samantha louise » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:54 am

i read somwere thet fibro sufferers often have bad peroids etc
samantha - louise
xxx

samantha louise
UKFM Regular

Postby auroura » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:47 pm

Hi, although i have not had endo, i had horrendously heavy non stop periods after i had my youngest daughter, shes now 5. I ended up on meds and had my endometrium lazered away, which has stopped my periods totally, so glad it worked otherwise would have been a hysterectomy.

sharon
Sharon

Bad is never good until worse happens
auroura
UKFM Member

Postby shrimp » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:51 pm

just to clarify = endo is not related in any shape or form to fibro - they are totally different conditions...

i happen to have suffered with endo for 20 years and have also recently been diagnosed with fibro...i was interested to see how many women have both conditions.......i know quite a lot about endo, but not yet fibro, but will be reading up and trying support groups etc.

however, i have read and do know several people that have ME and endo - it seems that if a women has endo and has years of hardly any sleep etc due to the pain in later years some also get fibro...

i am now like a knackered old cart horse that needs shooting :shock:

shrimp xx
shrimp
UKFM Member

Postby samantha louise » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:32 pm

arent we lucky!!!! :D :D
samantha - louise
xxx

samantha louise
UKFM Regular

Re: endometriosis and fibro

Postby buttercup » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:18 pm

Hi,

I would just like to say that if you type in endo connected to FM it does come up with the info that people who have suffered from endo are more prone to Fm, CFS, ME and MS.Don't know why but I have done a lot of reading into it as I suffered with endo for 13 yrs after a C section of having my second child. I ended up having a hysterectomy 4yrs ago and I have had FM approx 3yrs. I always wondered if there was a connection but if you do Google it, it will come up with loads of info. I have also looked up life after hysterectomy and it also mentions there that we can be more prone to these disorders.

I do feel for anyone that has Endo because I know how that can effect your life with terrible pain. So I send out good luck and best wishes to you all.

Buttercup
xxxxxxxx
buttercup
UKFM Newbie

Postby Ruremi » Mon May 04, 2009 9:48 pm

Patients with migraines and endometriosis were also more than twice as likely to suffer from anxiety, more than three times as likely to have the bladder condition interstitial cystitis and nearly four times more likely to have chronic fatigue syndrome than other women.

Patients with migraines and endometriosis also faced a significantly increased risk of depression, irritable bowel syndrome and fibromyalgia compared with other women.

I found this on http://www.medwire-news.md/52/68864/Con ... iosis.html If you want to read the article in full.

I also had Endo and continual bleeding through and after my third pregnancy and after four years had a hysterectomy. :crazy:
Maybe that is another associated illness then?

Moira
Ruremi
UKFM Member

Postby kp nuts » Sun May 17, 2009 10:58 am

Im still waiting for a lap to see if I do have endo, have been back & forth to doctors, hospital getting told oh it sounds like endo, no its just ibs, no its endo....you get the idea! Had a scan which showed a cyst, possible endometrioma, thought finally getting somewhere, got sent away to come back after 2 months, oh the cyst looks normal & has shrunk, discharged from gynae! Still in agony so doc referred me back & now have an appointment in a few weeks, I wish they would just do a lap so can get a definate diagnosis!
I now have been told it sounds like I have fibro but don't have a definate diagnosis for that either, (although Im pretty sure I have it), but am thinking maybe there is some sort of a link...Also suffered from migranes for years! Who knows?!? Not me not the useless doctors that I've seen anyway! It's certainly very interesting that a lot of us have the same health issues!
xxx
kp nuts
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems